NY&A ISL
The trailer I have ended up costing $60-70 between the kit itself, shipping from Canada plus the chassis
Rscott417 Wrote:The trailer I have ended up costing $60-70 between the kit itself, shipping from Canada plus the chassis

Do you have a link? I'm in the reverse scenario with Shapeways living in Canada and getting it shipped from the States.
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Why hasn't anyone after all these yrs mass produce one of these trailers??????
If I remember correctly one or more of the German companies have a version of these trailers.You might check the Herpa site as they have several Euro type trailers listed.I did not really want to go through the whole list.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Took a ride over to Bushwick Terminal today and took a few pictures. I was going to venture inside but I was parked illegally and didn't want to leave my car.
[Image: imagejpg4_zps3a071749.jpg]
[Image: imagejpg3_zpsf54395cf.jpg]
[Image: imagejpg2_zps748085ca.jpg]
Those boxcars look like they were graffitied at the sane time as the wall. Been there a lomg time?;-)

Great photos,
UK Engineering fan, from the tiny artistically engineered to the huge and powerful
Engfanuk Wrote:Those boxcars look like they were graffitied at the sane time as the wall. Been there a lomg time?;-)

Great photos,

It looks like it could have been sitting there since at least February, here's a link to some other pictures of the boxcar <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPicture.aspx?id=885931">http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPict ... ?id=885931</a><!-- m --> I can't find any of the gondolas all I know is the reporting mark is GMIX, I thought it was Chicago freight car leasing company but doesn't seem to be right.
It looks like if you what your layout to be modern day those buildings are going to need a lot of graffiti!!!!! Thumbsup
Wow.Good thing you didn't leave you're car.It might have been tagged when you got back to it Smile
I have a Christmas holiday project to graffiti one of my cars.
UK Engineering fan, from the tiny artistically engineered to the huge and powerful
I'm actually a bit of a fan of graffiti, I know the truth of the matter it's destruction of property but if it's done right some of these artists are very talented. I've been messing around with some decals on one of the corrugated metal fences, it's definitely a part of the realism of this area but I also don't want to over do it.
[Image: imagejpg1_zpsbc35e25f.jpg]
I haven't really got a lot done otherwise because I've been having some electrical/contact issues in some spots that I'm trying to work out before I continue further. I've been led to believe that it could be my pair of Athearn mp15s so one of these days I guess I'll have to take them apart and check the wiring, really not looking forward to it.
[Image: imagejpg1_zpsbc35e25f.jpg]

I do not care for graffiti in the real world but it is a often overlooked detail on the modelling side and you captured the look well one the fence.

What brand of ground throw is shown in the picture and are they functional?
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Thanks Stephen, the ground throws are made by NJ International and are not functional just glued em to the "wood" ties.
So I've been thinking of adding another era to this layout but a completely different branch line. The town I grew up in is the very end of CSX's Northern Branch. It's an old passenger line that had quite a few rail served customers back in the day and have slowly dwindled to about 7 on a 20 mile branch line. I'm not totally sure when passenger service ended I'm thinking somewhere near the 50's. It turned into a freight branch and they removed all the tracks going into Rockland NY. The tracks are in absolutely awful shape and they still allow SD45s for switching duties that often derail which is why all trains are restricted to 10 mph. I was thinking of totally changing my layout from NYA to CSX's Northern Branch but found it to be nearly impossible to condense the line into 8 or 10 feet. The more I looked into line and its customers I thought my current track arrangement could actually work and now I can have NYA, LIRR and CSX trains running on my layout in all different time periods and locations. Im planning on the era for CSX to be around 2005. My customers will include Supreme Oil located in Englewood NJ who sees on average 12-15 tank cars daily. They receive different oils for salad dressing, mayonnaise and other condiments, my intended siding will only have room for 2 tank cars. 2 customers located in Closter NJ are JJ Demerest lumber and Weyerhaeuser. Including Weyerhaeuser on my layout is the main reason why the time period has to be pre-2007 because there was a huge fire there that closed them down (I was a volunteer firefighter at the time and I'm not sure I'll ever experience something like that again). And last but not least in my home town of Northvale NJ will be Cove industries and maybe Ace Hardware. To make this all work and mesh together I'm going to need to rebuild 2 of my already finished buildings but I really think I'll be able to pull this off. I'll post some pictures of where I intend on placing these industries. So be on the look out for some changes here.
Changing eras or modeling a known location can be very rewarding and fun to do.

I will be looking forward in seeing those photos.. Big Grin

May I suggest a new topic under CSX's Northern Branch ?
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!