Trashed car, trashed budget
So I went car shopping this past Saturday. I took a nice truck for a test drive and was ready to buy it. I told the salesman how much I was putting down, how much I wanted my payments to be and what I wanted my interest rate to be. (I used to sell cars while I was paying for college and the police academy) There are 2 things salesman at dealerships do not want to hear, that is that you have your own financing (or cash), or that you want to deal on every aspect of the sale.
The salesman actually laughed at me. He told me that I would not be able to dictate the terms of the car deal and he walked away from me. Too bad, I liked the truck.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
wow,that sucks.sounds like the salesman wasnt to good at his job either.....oh well.was it a used truck or are you buying new? cause around where i am theres a buttload of good used trucks for dirt cheap.--josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
iis612 Wrote:So I went car shopping this past Saturday. I took a nice truck for a test drive and was ready to buy it. I told the salesman how much I was putting down, how much I wanted my payments to be and what I wanted my interest rate to be. (I used to sell cars while I was paying for college and the police academy) There are 2 things salesman at dealerships do not want to hear, that is that you have your own financing (or cash), or that you want to deal on every aspect of the sale.
The salesman actually laughed at me. He told me that I would not be able to dictate the terms of the car deal and he walked away from me. Too bad, I liked the truck.

Matt

You'd think in this economy they'd have a little more respect for the customer..oh well..

What kind of truck were you looking at?
It was a used 2008 Ford F-150 Ext cab, short bed 4x.
There are bunches more where that one came from.

Matt
Nice, I think those new Fords are so comfortable, they did a good job on the interiors. I drive a '08 F-350 for work and I absolutely love it because it's so comfortable.
Matt, just curious as to why your budget would suffer?

About 5 years ago, I stopped at a red light and the guy behind didn't. He totalled my little car as he had a big pickup.
I phoned the insurance company, in less than an hour, I was at a rental place, got a replacement vehicle at the insurance companies expense.
In three weeks had the settlement from Halifax Insurance and bought a new car, well new to me, it was the same year as the one that got totalled.

Nothing really out of pocket on my end.
Will Annand
CVR in N Scale
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html">www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html</a><!-- w -->
Will,
My insurance company paid off my totaled car. The rest is up to me. When I got the insurance I opted to pass on the rental car coverage, taking the gap coverage and uninsured motorist coverage instead.
Matt
Ah, that'll do it Matt.
In my case, I could not be without a car due to my business, so I opted for the replacement vehicle clause. The extra $10.00 a year was worth it for me.
Will Annand
CVR in N Scale
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html">www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html</a><!-- w -->