Memorial Day
[Image: IMG_1052.jpg]

Commemorating the men and women who gave their lives in military service.
Good morning, my wife lost a brother in the Korean war. Some wars are not popular, but we still ask our men and women to go out and fight for what we think is right. We lost almost 500,000 troops in both the Civil War and WWII, and tens of thousands in smaller skirmishes such as Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq..

I posted this poem last year; my wife wrote it years ago about her brother and others who were lost in these battles for freedom. I'm posting it again as a reminder that freedom is not free, but for the sacrifices of others are we able to say that we have the freedom that we do.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
A beautiful poem, well written.
The other side of other story:

Lynn

Attached Files Image(s)

Whitehouse, Tx
A sad and solemn day in our family.
yellowlynn Wrote:The other side of other story: Lynn

On this day, I have to take more than just a moment to remember...........

Lynn, the photo in your post, brought that memory back in clear sharp focus:
There are so many young Americans who lie exactly where they fell in battle, to this very day.
Young Americans who have no grave, no marker, no place where their families can stand and remember them, and once again say good by. No place where their loved ones can, as the photo shows, lie beside them, and grieve their passing.
It is in thanks to those, that we callously label "M.I.A.", that I, as a retired Navy CPO, celebrate this day of "memorial".

I may not know who, or where you are, but I thank you for your ultimate sacrifice for our FREEDOM.
God bless you all, - - - - You are NOT forgotten.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
A few more Memorial Day pics from yesterday.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew