Wyoming valley super Mike kitbash
A few more details done today.

I installed the straps that hold the plumbing to the firebox, installed an aux reservoir under the cab, and some airlines under the firebox.

And on the front end I corrected the length of the boiler supports, They were too long, played around with the steps on the boiler front and added the strainer line to the feed water heater. To do this I had to relocate the front handrail station a little more forward. Also the steam feed to the power reverse was added.    

I need to get the sander lines from the LHC so that the other plumbing can be completed.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Very nice work! Your loco will became a plumbers nightmare Wink
Thumbsup

Lutz
Looks great, the detail is impressive.
Made some real headway today and completed the plumbing on the boiler along with the handrails and the last of the fire box details. This include the sand lines and valve, which proved the most difficult thing to complete.

For the fireman's side, the last of the firebox details are on including the ash pan extensions.    

The Feed water heater lines are now finished, and the sand lines are complete.    

More of the same for the engineers side.    

A few overview shots of the nearly completed model.

Very nicely done, Steve. Thumbsup Thumbsup I'm looking forward to seeing her in paint.

Wayne
Cheers to doctorwayne.
Steve, this is really an outstanding workmanship to create a specific loco. Worship

Lutz
Great work Steve. It looks like a real pulling beast
Outstanding work Steve Thumbsup
Steve, really great work! A great looking steam engine! Congratulation!
Yes, I would like to see it painted and lettered!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Thanks gents. I will have to wait till the weather gets a bit warmer for paint. Right now I am researching the back head details on similar engines with duplex stokers so I can get the cab to look somewhat Correct.
No argument here, That is one very nicely done loco Thumbsup Thumbsup
and yes I can't wait to see her in paint, and lettered.
Cheers 2285_ Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Spent some time today on the backhead in-between shoveling snow. I have searched through several historical societies and every other source to find a picture of the cab interior of a CNJ Mike, but I am now nearly certain that they do not exist. So I fudged it the best I could with the info that I had and came up with this.....

I wish I could do that too. It looks great!
Reinhard
Now that you have modelled it, Kalmbach will announce its new book cabs of the CNJ Mikados - Vol 1 Backheads. 35
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.