Wyoming valley super Mike kitbash
It looks convincing e-paw Thumbsup
Do you like to enlighten the cab interior?

Lutz
Or someone will release that identical engine fully assembled and ready to run.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Thank you gents. I got home early enough from work today and the temp was a balmy 40 degrees, so it was time for some primer. The primer really shows some spots that could use some more attention. When it's all dry I'll sand and fill in the spaces that need a little touch up. As for the drive the I only primed the spots that will get airbrushed. The rest will be painted by hand.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
That is one awesome model!!!
The Gray primer really makes all the details pop.
BR60103 Wrote:Now that you have modelled it, Kalmbach will announce its new book cabs of the CNJ Mikados - Vol 1 Backheads. 35

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted You read my mind ! Misngth
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
First coat of Black is on.....I am very happy with how the rivet decals came out . still lots of hand painting to do .

Some more paint and decal work.

The crew was painted also,, I had to make the engineer a cripple in order to get him onto his seat box. These mike cabs were not known for comfort.

Nice paint job, Steve. It really brings out the details. Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
Beautiful work, Steve. It's really starting to come together
Worship Worship Worship Steve, I've followed many of your locomotive builds and I think your work is truly exceptional!!! Worship Worship Worship

Very nice job,
Mark
Thank you gents.
The rest of the drive has been painted and reunited with the tender. This has allowed me to work on some more of the wiring. A block of foam was shaped to fit into the coal bunker and painted black. After weathering I'll cover it with a mix of clum and anthracite.

The LED headlight was also installed into the boiler front and tested for operation. I had to file and sand the LED down quite a bit in order to get it to fit into the brass casting.