Testing my new homepage
I don't know it this is the right place to post this, or if it's appropriate at all, so the mods may feel free to move or delete this post as they see fit.

I'm in the process of learning Joomla, and have created a home page to present our different modelling projects: http://www.hjemstad.no. During testing of the site here in Norway, I received some feedbacks that the site loaded very slowly, and I also experienced some errors while working on the back-end of Joomla. It seems I have fixed most of the bugs now, but I would very much appreciate some feedback from your side of the Atlantic as well. Any comments are welcome, whether regarding the site layout, content, English translations, loading time or other errors that may occur.

Thanks,
Svein
Loads and looks fine from Germany. Speed is ok. There is constant sub second delay at the start of each page.
Reinhard
Little slow on the page loads across the Great Pond, but not bad. Everything looked good, including the English, which is probably better than mine.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Great done! Load time is ok! Wish you succes in progress of your site! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
The speed is good. The translation is very good. Overall appearance is quite good, very pleasing colors and layout. Nice work.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Looks good Svein. No problem posting that here! Thumbsup
Works fine here in the mountains of Colorado! Good looking site, too. Thumbsup
Works fine here in the Flat lands of Chicago's far north suburbs too !! Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

I have a question about the header slideshow. I've received comments that the header is too tall, forcing the user to start scrolling down before he/she can read the content. What do you think, should I reduse the height? On the front page it's OK I think, but maybe go with a lower heading on the other pages, or remove it completely? I can also change the slide show to better represent the themes of the various pages, but either way I have to take new pics that are better suited for that kind of cropping.
Gidday Svein, speed ok even if the string is getting stretched by the time it reaches here downunder. 357
I have no problem with your header page as it all fits very nicely on to my desk top monitor, though to be fair I'm still running Micro Vista. Nice side show.
Keep up the good work, Thumbsup
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."