Easton PA
had a little stop in Easton today ,took some pictures of the former LV bridge(no longer in use) in the foreground and the former CNJ bridge (I think it's now NS) in the background,And also a bird that wanted to eat my camera. Sorry no trains today.    

Attached Files Image(s)

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Nice!! Great pics Big Grin I Like old bridges.. Thanks fror posting!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Stoped back at the LV/CNJ Delaware crossing yesterday, Took some more pics.

Some more shots.

Just a few more.

The aria around the canal is a park that you can walk/bike the former toe path from Easton south for several miles. At the north end of the path (Easton) there are a few signs that have some info or the canal. I think I'll be adding a portion of the canal on my layout.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is one of the locks. The toe path is on the left.

After a few hours of checking out the aria and taking a pic or two, it was time to head home. There were no trains, very disappointing when you see some of the views are good photo spots. Just as I sat down in the drivers seat I heard that low rumble of an EMD prime mover. It was a transfer move or maybe a local headed for Jersey. It almost got away.

That's neat!! I love looking at canals Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
That's cool to see the juxtaposition of two once "state-of-the-art" transportation systems. Similar situation can be seen all along the Rideau Canal in Eastern Ontario. The canal was built in the early 1800s (finished in 1832?) to connect Lake Ontario with the Ottawa River, allowing a route from Toronto to Montreal out of range of US guns following the War of 1812.

However, it was only about 25 - 30 years before the first railroad (Bytown and Prescott) connected the St Lawrence River town of Prescott (within range of the now fortunately friendly US guns) and Ottawa (formerly Bytown). Today, various railroads pass over the canal several times - most picturesque are the double track bridge at Merrickville (CP) and the Scherzer rolling lift bridge (formerly CNor, now abandoned) in Smiths Falls.

Andrew
Great pictures. Cheers
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/