Dawson Creek Subdivision - British Columbia Railway - H0
Hi there,
I´m building a part of the British Columbia Railway in H0-Scale. It´s the Dawson Creek Subdivision from Chetwynd,BC to Dawson Creek,BC.It´s a two deck shelf layout around the walls in the basement of our house.Time period are the early 70´s around the namechange from Pacific Great Eastern to British Columbia Railway.Most of the livery is two tone green with the white stripe...I want to paint one RS-3 to the old Yellow PGE livery with a heavy weathering...I also own three Dash-8´s in their later only blue livery with white lettering and also on SD-40 in their blue,red and white livery with BC-Rail lettering.There´s also some CN motive power and some RDC´s.Those have to be repainted and detailed.
Some of the structures will be scratchbuild or kitbashed,tracks are most Peco code 83 with some Atlas track. DCC with Digitrax.Benchwork is finished,most trackwork is complete and track is wired all the way up to Dawson Creek.I changed some parts of the layout because I wasn´t happy with the look of it and also made an extension to Dawson Creek Interchange...with some more Industries to switch..Also this will give me the possibility to use a NAR GP-9 for switching that area.You will see the progress pictures on my google album https://plus.google.com/photos/100139588...033/albums.
I´m currently working on the Dawson Creek area with the row of elevators I found on some older pictures.Those elevators will be mostly scratchbuild from scale lumber or evergreen siding.The red Walthers elevators will be placeholders for the final elevators.
[Image: 12.08.14%2B-%2B5]
[Image: 12.08.14%2B-%2B6]
[Image: 26.08.14%2B-%2B4]
The WC switcher will be eventually repainted.The next pictures are showing some of the industries in Dawson Creek along the mainline to Alberta...
[Image: RIMG0759.JPG]
[Image: RIMG0758.JPG]
[Image: RIMG0761.JPG]
There is a lot of work to do before I could start on the scenery...have to install the backdrop,valance and fascia and the rest of the lights...I use LED strips...

So this is a first view on what I´m working on.I´ll post a short tour around my layout if there is some interest on that...
Any comments,ideas,questions and thoughts are very appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Hi Chris, Looking real good. I noticed what apears to be a GERN facility at Dawson Creek. Goldth

great modeling. Keep us posted.
Charlie
Very nice work there Chris, keep us posted Thumbsup

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Chris,

Your structures look awesome!! Can't wait to see more.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Hi there,
thanks for the nice comments.I´m very busy with my job so it´s so little time for the hobby.But I started a more or less big rebuild of some part of the layout.The area I´m talking about is the Tremblay elevator and siding....
[Image: RIMG0746.JPG]
below that area and the helix was a return loop with a hidden siding but it doesen´t work right.So I made some plans to develop a 6 track staging below Chetwynd yard.The entrance to that yard will be the loop below the helix.So I ripped the track out,removed the wood and made some changes to the benchwork.
[Image: RIMG0846.JPG]
[Image: RIMG0847.JPG]
[Image: 20140909_170414.jpg]

On top of it will be another change.No more elevator and other buildings.It will be Sundance Siding.More pictures will follow as I´ll preoceed....

Thanks for looking,
Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835