Heading To Cass W.Virginia...
To ride the trains...Of course.
Gonna spend a week down there and we are scheduled to ride one day.
Was wondering if there were any other attractions, railroad especially, that anybody knows in the area, since my girlfriend(who by the way, planned the whole trip) likes trains also. Any other things to do would be ok. I guess.
Any good railfan areas?

And this is my first real vacation since 1991.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I'm envious ....always wanted to see and ride the Shays and other geared locos !

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
You're a long way from anywhere at Cass. And don't expect your cell phone to work up there, either.
Might want to check these operations out. http://mountainrailwv.com/ All are within easy driving distance of Cass. When I visited Cass a few years ago, I stayed in Elkins, WV, because of the various other rail operations in the area.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:To ride the trains...Of course.
Gonna spend a week down there and we are scheduled to ride one day.
Was wondering if there were any other attractions, railroad especially, that anybody knows in the area, since my girlfriend(who by the way, planned the whole trip) likes trains also. Any other things to do would be ok. I guess.
Any good railfan areas?

And this is my first real vacation since 1991.

Been there and done that in 97...Its a beautiful ride and you'll love the Shays.

A word of Caution..

Watch for Copperheads and Timber Rattlesnakes.. They do live in that area and won't hesitate to strike if they are taken by surprise..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
PLEASE...take pictures?