OK, where do you fit in..
You Guys are unfortunately all disadvantaged from the get go, driving on the wrong side of the road. Wink
Just a friendly observation from, the Bear. Tongue
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Steamtrains Wrote:Texas semi-rude..?? I would say semi-retarded... Goldth

And then there's the TV station that ran a "Stop Lawsuit Abuse" message, followed by a commercial for one of the better known "ambulance-chaser" law firms in town... Wallbang

Just to show you that these types of lawyers are all coming from the same schools, we have one law firm in Arizona that during their TV ads, they tell you not to drink and drive. But then, if you do get a DUI, you are suppose to call them if you want to try to beat the rap. They will find the loophole for you for some hefty price... Wallbang Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
count me out on this one - not guilty your honour , we drive on the other side of the road Goldth
mind you me licence runs out next year so will apply for extension months before in case of back log . (UK licence ends at age 70 birthday )

alan
ezdays Wrote:Just to show you that these types of lawyers are all coming from the same schools, we have one law firm in Arizona that during their TV ads, they tell you not to drink and drive. But then, if you do get a DUI, you are suppose to call them if you want to try to beat the rap. They will find the loophole for you for some hefty price... Wallbang Wallbang

A good lawyer is like a gun a good thing to have when you need one. Other then that.... Nope
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:A good lawyer is like a gun a good thing to have when you need one. Other then that.... Nope

Yeah, but a gun is more predictable, pull the trigger and it goes "BANG" if you have ammo in it. Anyone that tells you not to do something, but if you do, contact them so they can get you out of the consequences, shouldn't be compared to a gun, but to a loose cannon. They've found innovated ways to get rich, sue for just about anything. Had an accident, "call us, we'll get you the money you deserve" says the ads (never mind that you might have been the cause). Have this disease or affliction, we'll find someone in the medical industry to sue.... for a hefty fee, of course. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
mr bachmann Wrote:count me out on this one - not guilty your honour , we drive on the other side of the road Goldth
mind you me licence runs out next year so will apply for extension months before in case of back log . (UK licence ends at age 70 birthday )

alan

Yes - and your new one only runs for three years at a time - guess how I know? There certainly has never been a backlog that has affected me
ezdays Wrote:
Brakie Wrote:A good lawyer is like a gun a good thing to have when you need one. Other then that.... Nope

Yeah, but a gun is more predictable, pull the trigger and it goes "BANG" if you have ammo in it. Anyone that tells you not to do something, but if you do, contact them so they can get you out of the consequences, shouldn't be compared to a gun, but to a loose cannon. They've found innovated ways to get rich, sue for just about anything. Had an accident, "call us, we'll get you the money you deserve" says the ads (never mind that you might have been the cause). Have this disease or affliction, we'll find someone in the medical industry to sue.... for a hefty fee, of course. Icon_lol

But lawyers are handy to have when you go swimming and scuba diving because sharks will never attack you - professional courtesy.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I would love to know who took this poll, because I have yet to drive in New Hampshire without being tailgated.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Pennsylvania is green? how is that possible? You Pennsy drivers look like dear in the headlights on my Jersey roads. Not surprised by New York or Delaware though. Connecticut drivers are also pretty agitating.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Connecticut drivers are also pretty agitating.

Then stay off the sidewalk.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Connecticut drivers are also pretty agitating.

Then stay off the sidewalk.

Thanks, I spit coffee all over my computer screen Icon_lol
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Pennsylvania is green? how is that possible? You Pennsy drivers look like dear in the headlights on my Jersey roads. Not surprised by New York or Delaware though. Connecticut drivers are also pretty agitating.

And that's why wives and girlfriends shouldn't go deer hunting. They may really be the ones hunted.

New Jersey doesn't escape either. Whoever designed the highway system in New Jersey should be slapped. If you miss your exit, you have to get off another exit that connects to another road that connects to a road that MAY go to where you want.

I distinctly remember going west on I-80 and having to get off in Garfield for low tire pressure. We were trying to connect to the Garden State Parkway North, so we had to drive into Patterson (not the most touristy spot), turn around to take I-80 east, and then connect to the Garden State. Don't even get me started on jug handle turns. Go into the right lane to make a left turn????? Really?!? Not to mention that New Jersey ranks up there with Florida when it comes to people driving in the left lane at 40 mph when the speed limit is 65.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

All of jersey is the worst, you can also always tell whose from boston cause they act the same way. Virginians are completely oblivious of their surroundings so I would say they're not rude, just have their head in the clouds Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Mike Kieran Wrote:I would love to know who took this poll, because I have yet to drive in New Hampshire without being tailgated.

Here in Ohio they don't tailgate..They draft you like they're racing in the Daytona 500.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Mike Kieran Wrote:I would love to know who took this poll, because I have yet to drive in New Hampshire without being tailgated.

I used to make the weekend run from Brunswick Me. to the east end of Long Island, so drove a few miles on, "New Hampshire roads", Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Never been "tailgated" in New Hampshire - - - Icon_twisted Icon_twisted they're afraid to drive THAT fast :o Icon_twisted Wink 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!