Freelance Modeling.
Chuck,The Detroit Connecting used RS1 not 44 tonners---oops! wrong DC. Icon_lol

Shocking to see my old Detroit Connecting lettering 48 years later on a 44 tonner or seen photos of the real Detroit Connecting owned by Adrian & Blissfield.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:Chuck,The Detroit Connecting used RS1 not 44 tonners---oops! wrong DC. Icon_lol

Shocking to see my old Detroit Connecting lettering 48 years later on a 44 tonner or seen photos of the real Detroit Connecting owned by Adrian & Blissfield.

When I came up with the name Detroit Connecting, I didn't know there was a "real" DC. I'm from Detroit and wanted to model my home town so to speak. It wasn't until about 6 months later someone told me about the DCon. I have railfanned the DCon a few times -- we came across where they store their locomotives and caught the SW9 in action. Beautiful loco.....

[Image: DSC08124.jpg]

Here is their 44 tonner:

[Image: DSC08128.jpg]

They guys working were pretty cool. They talked with us and told us how the 44 tonner was on the fritz and was going to be sent to the shops for work. That was a couple of years ago. I don't know if they still have it or not.

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Chuck,Thanks for the added information and photos.. I have often thought of my old DCRR over the years and thought of using Atlas RS1s as motive power.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!