A question about DC operation
My layout is wired for DC operation. I use a MRC Tech4 200 and I would like to know if it is at
all possible to attach a separate cab control to the power pack? Are DC cab controls available especially with
so much DCC stuff out there?
Thanks for any info.
Bob
"My railroad is a figment of my imagination"

BobS
MRC did the Control Master 20 which was/is a walk around DC controller.Not sure they are still being made but if they are MRC removed the cooling fan several years back so I would suggest buying an older model or plan to add a computer fan if you buy a newer model.

These units use a telephone cable type set up so you can expand to as many control points as you want.They do have memory so the train will keep moving while you change locations.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Bob,

For a while I used a MRC Cab Control 55 which was wired to the power pack. I then used a walk around plug in throttle with memory from a company in Michigan called GML, before going to DCC.

Bruce
Bob: it is possible to add a separate control to the AC terminals of a power pack.
Considerations:
You need spare amps in the power pack.
You can't have common rail wiring. If you do, reversing one of the controllers will cause a short.If you have common rail, you would need a second transformer.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Thanks for all the great info and suggestions. I appreciate it.
Lots to think about.
Bob
"My railroad is a figment of my imagination"

BobS