Freelance 2015-1
Two areas get smaller updates

The triangle between the tracks and the surrounding had dark gray ground cover only. A green base cover has been applied and some more details like shrubs etc. will follow later. Some light ballst has been added too.
[Image: IMG_4122_zpsunnmcybx.jpg]

The background was dominated by two very similar warehouses. Both had been served with street running rails. I removed the left street running and the left building and will add ballast to the track. The old track was also not proper aligned making trouble to fit the background building. I corrected that error too. The new building will be smaller and there should be some space for a green background. Chris's layout Florida Springs is my inspiration.
[Image: IMG_4123_zpsvdauyocv.jpg]

Don't worry, just the usual incremental changes/improvements Big Grin

The layout is currently operated by two Florida Central and two Florida Midland CF7 only.
Reinhard
Looking forward to this version too :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Did ballast and base ground cover
[Image: IMG_4126_zpsnen7s5qs.jpg]

The old warehouse suffered and shrunk seriously. I like that "natural weathering" and reused it.
[Image: IMG_4127_zpstf6wshmm.jpg]
Reinhard
Woodland foliage F51 (sold in Germany as Woodland Scenics 95400) arrived very fast and I could try my best to implement what I learned from Chris's Florida Springs layout. Thank you!

My space is mostly to narrow to permit two rows of trees. I compensate that by a 1" high styrene strip put at the backdrop covered with the same material as the ground in that area . It is visible left of the lower blue container. Handling the foliage created a lot of clump foliage. I mixed it with water and white glue and used it to fill the gaps between the trees and shrubs at the bottom.

It looks like a lot of Kudzu on my layout. Some more is on order to put it more loosely over the tree branches to get some "none Kudzu trees" like Chris did it.
[Image: IMG_4136_zpse8lg5sjc.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4131_zpsmlgl9sop.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4133_zpscli2lai7.jpg]

An overview of the new scenery
[Image: IMG_4135b_zpsbzau1zof.jpg]
Reinhard
Looking great Reinhard Applause Thumbsup
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Great to watch the evolution of your railroad as always, I have not checked in awhile and was amazed again by what you are up to.

Now that Walthers is going to do a Diary Queen will we be possibly seeing one on the layout in the future?
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Thanks for the nice comments, the "floridarization" continues....

The sceneries got two grabbed street view images taken at FL Rt.33 between Polk City and Groveland as a backdrop.

The industry background has been removed and shrubs grow behind the fence.That is a less urban impression
[Image: IMG_4141_zpszxdalz0s.jpg]

The last brick building at the west end is on it's way into the basement. The industry background is removed too, the base green ground cover is added and trees etc. will be planted shortly.
[Image: IMG_4142_zpsruyl4sd6.jpg]
Added two tries until I ran out of foliage again.
[Image: IMG_4143_zpsgbxhsuic.jpg]
Reinhard
Liking the Palm Trees. Thumbsup Thumbsup Cheers
It's going well so far. Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I wish I had a fraction of your motovation and skills. Very nice as always!
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
There was an old Walthers yard office and a parking lot as a residual in the foreground next to the new KFC. It got leveled and a base ground cover. That additional green spot matches the new scenery better.
[Image: IMG_4145_zpsi6mnpoca.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard,

long time I have seen your layout as "cold" and "liveless". Sorry, my impression.
But now your layout has got a really nice looking "live" by your many green, trees and a "green" background. I'm enjoyed to see your changed layout which now is looking like "new" and fresh to me.
Congratulation for this way!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
The scrap dealer is replaced by a transloading facility. It is not a big deal but it adds tank cars and possibly covered hoppers to he operation scenario matching FCEN's operation better..

[Image: IMG_4147_zpsxjwrlm1b.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4146_zpse5a1zf9e.jpg]

Later that evening:

A railcar spill containment system is mandatory.
[Image: IMG_4149_zpsvtutob57.jpg]

The old small office building has been moved to the right and separates the old scrap dealer area into the transloading facility (right) and a small dumpster storage (left).
[Image: IMG_4148_zpszhht7uty.jpg]

Bernhard, thanks for the encouragement. I am afraid I am a hopeless city boy. I try my best to get some green on the layout but brick, concrete and steel is my passion. Anyhow more green is on order Big Grin
Reinhard
Spring is the perfect time to add green
[Image: IMG_4157_zpse3j8nbal.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4152_zpsb8nwurke.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4154_zpsk01x8gcm.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4155_zpszzzqear9.jpg]
Reinhard
Very nice. Applause
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Shortly after posting the "green" photos arrived a small parcel from UK ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.themodeltreeshop.co.uk">https://www.themodeltreeshop.co.uk</a><!-- m --> ). Shipping time was eight days to my doorstep.
They have a nice variety of small palm trees. I gave it a try and ordered ten of this little plants to be used like shrubs or weed. I have noticed in Florida a lot such and similar smaller plants growing at odd places.
[Image: IMG_4161_zps0fk6yjks.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4160_zpsb5soyl9a.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4159_zpsnrgnthcf.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4158_zpsbw2k7ibp.jpg]
Reinhard