20ftx15inch Switching layout
Hi,

looks interesting. Go with that new version.

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Twist Wrote:Hi,

looks interesting. Go with that new version.

Cheers,Chris
Thanks Chris!
I see you've added a runaround, but no sidings facing the opposite way to necessitate a runaround...

For inspiration on what industries to use, take a look at the geographic area you are interested in. There are some industries that are very specific to certain locales, while others can be found everywhere. Also, era can dictate industries. One that fits all times and places though is a GERN facility of some sort. Wink

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:I see you've added a runaround, but no sidings facing the opposite way to necessitate a runaround...

For inspiration on what industries to use, take a look at the geographic area you are interested in. There are some industries that are very specific to certain locales, while others can be found everywhere. Also, era can dictate industries. One that fits all times and places though is a GERN facility of some sort. Wink

Andrew

Yes, I added a runaround for future modules with spurs facing the opposite way. Now I´ll use it as storage track.
After taking a long break from modeling this is how the layout build goes.

[Image: DSCF4388.jpg]
Good to see you are back at it. Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I agree with Mike, glad to see you making progress!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Thanks guys!. Today I´m focussing on building the walls for the warehouse you see on the layout photo.It´s a background structure with the look of a modern warehouse.Being my first build don´t want a lot of parts,only the wall itself and doors.Maybe I´ll put some details on.What do you think?

[Image: DSCF4392.jpg]
That is perfect. Just a plain wall is absolute prototypical. You may do the paint job with some patches to break the uniformity.
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:That is perfect. Just a plain wall is absolute prototypical. You may do the paint job with some patches to break the uniformity.

Thanks Reinhard!. Any idea for the finish paint'.First I´ll prime the walls with light grey primer.
I like a gray bottom and a white top. You may spray the white top sloppy to get a not perfect white over gray. And someone got a pot of darker gray and painted a rectangle somewhere repairing something.
You may also cut one more loading dock, paint it black and glue it back in place. The cut seam and the back paint will create nice shadows in the gray and white paint.
Reinhard
Just a quick update how is going on the layout.Today I´m doing scenery on a module and like the final result.

[Image: DSCF4402.jpg]
Used WS fine turf. Not bad but too green for my taste.Maybe If I put sand and other sceninic materials it´ll look good.

[Image: DSCF4404.jpg]
Did more scenery work on the layout.

[Image: DSCF4447.jpg]
Today ran a short train on the layout.Looks all is ok.

[Image: 13528534_10209655930465829_6784554475842623931_o.jpg]