Doan Towers plastic kitbash
Hi everyone, this is my first posting here at BBT, and I thought I would share with you this plastic kitbash that I did named Doan Towers.
It's a Bachmann Ambassador Hotel kit with 2 other Walther's Cornerstone building under construction scene used on top.
I named it after super realist modeller Chuck Doan, as a tribute build to him & his work that he does.
This kitbash was inspired by a photo posted on" Shorpy", of a early high rise construction scene.
I love using lighting as part of my builds, so LED's were put to the task of doing just that.
Enough talk here are some pics, and I hope you enjoy them!

Greg Shinnie
Welcome. What an impressive structure as the first post. Well done!
Reinhard
Cheers Very nice first post.

So what can you do to top it? Big Grin

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Fantastic modeling and beautifully photographed! Glad you could join us!
Thanks very much! Reinhard, Tom & Ralph. Perhaps I posted this in the wrong place, rookies. Wallbang
Please feel free to move it, if I have.
I model the 1930's so they did not have a lot of safety measures back then, in case your wondering why none of my workers are wearing hardhats.
I scratch built the Scotch derrick that does the heavy lifting on top. And the freight elevator out behind Doan towers.
Here are a few more pics to look at.

Greg Shinnie
Outstanding work Greg Thumbsup ---welcome to Big Blue Cheers
---looking forward to seeing more of your creations
Most excellent work here .Being an architect, I truly appreciate your attention to building construction phases and scaffolding. Habitually, that kind of setup looks a little bit artificial, but you truly blended it well with the surroundings.

Is it a simple diorama or a part or a "real" layout?

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Thanks cn nutbar & Matt! For your interest & posts.

Matt, it's just a diorama with hopes of it being part of a larger layout someday.
Here is a overview photo of the diorama.

Greg Shinnie
Welcome Gregg - what an absolutely superb piece of modelling and diorama work - veru well done indeed - I know your name from elsewhere.
Gregg, absolutely fine and interesting work - and an eye-catcher on a layout between buildings with lower height!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Welcome to Big Blue, Greg.

shortliner Wrote:..... I know your name from elsewhere.

Yeah, I recognise the name, too, but can't recall from where. Wallbang Crazy

Nevertheless, that's some really nice modelling, and well-photographed, too. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Thanks for the welcome & your nice postings shortliner, Bernhard & doctorwayne.
Here are some more views of Doan Towers to look at.

Greg Shinnie
I tried to use old construction photographs to inspire some of my scenes.
Like this one of steelworkers taking a break.(Notice the absence of any sort of safety gear)

And my version of this old shot.

And like every construction scene, someone is always watching the work being done.
Hooking up Doan Towers to city services.

And this photo of Doan Towers is my favorite of all the ones I took.

Greg Shinnie
Welcome Welcome Greg Big Grin Big Grin
" Doan Towers plastic kitbash" Thumbsup Applause

Guess I'm going to have to improve my modeling skills a "bit", lest I fall to "Nteenth place" behind you. Wink :o 357
Very nicely done !! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup and an excellent level ( or maybe that should be levels ) of fine detailing.
Hope to see more of your work posted here on Bigblue.
Once again, Welcome Welcome to our board.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I learned in an US forum the english term "eye candy". Your photos are an excellent example how to use that term Thumbsup
Reinhard