Restoring/ repainting passenger cars
Thanks 'Bear' this was an unplanned project that kind of dropped into my lap (so to speak) but I can see the end soon.

After some research I started to add the shades to the cars.
[Image: 006_zpsi3a5bzlu.jpg]
I used some textured scrapbooking paper in forest green. after cutting the shade to size I used a metallic silver pen to add the bottom frame pull to the shade.
[Image: 007_zps78ptyhx8.jpg]
I glued them in with tacky glue, added the grabs and called the lightweight coach done, or at least until I track the interior down.
Now that I've started on adding window shades I have 7 more cars to do.
I've pretty much finished with this project for now. I didn't like the way the two green and black cars turned out so I won't be using them. They will most likely be going to another modeler.
On the other hand I finished adding blinds/ window shades to all my other cars. Here's a Rivarossi Pullman
[Image: 002_zpsygxqlq6a.jpg]
[Image: 003_zpseb3hgkqb.jpg]
On a side note I started work on the seated passenger figures that I got:
[Image: 004_zps8igfu2bw.jpg]
I ordered 90 seated figures off a Chinese dealer and I got 100 there's about 10-12 different figures which isn't too bad because I have several passenger cars to spread them out.
[Image: 006_zps0l21dicv.jpg]
I taped them all to a board and airbrushed them in a skin tone, testors light tan (1170)
[Image: 007_zpsyls7slqv.jpg]
After painting the details came out a bit more. I was quite impressed, they look a little like Prieser or Faller figures with some decent detail. I'll place them in a container and paint them now as I need them (with a really small brush).
Just to finish off this thread I thought I would post photos of my completed CN passenger train
Motive power is a P2K FPA-2
[Image: 004_zpsj2injcqa.jpg]
Followed by the steam generator (a resin craftsman kit) and a Juneco express Reefer
[Image: 005_zpsryqioniz.jpg]
Then a Rivarossi baggage car, Point Pelee.
[Image: 006_zpsda3rryv9.jpg]
Rivarossi Combine
[Image: 007_zps2jrdvghj.jpg]
Rivarossi Pullman Coach
[Image: 008_zpsmzqnpdr6.jpg]
Rivarossi Dining car, in the pre-1954 paint scheme
[Image: 009_zps4ryjbuhu.jpg]
Branchline Trains Pullman, Island Park
[Image: 010_zps2cvaarrq.jpg]
and finally an IHC/Rivarossi observation, Fort Pitt
[Image: 011_zpsotsztc9w.jpg]
I like how the blinds add a bit of life to the cars, next I'll be adding figures and eventually lighting.
Good lookin' train, Glen. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Are those figures from We Honest? They look like a good choice for passenger cars and perhaps vehicles, too.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne, the figures are from another seller called evemodel_es. The Auction was for 90 figures ands they sent me 100, they had a final cost of 13.08 Canadian with free shipping.
Excellent work Glen! Lovely classic CNR train.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
That CN train look so beautiful. I wish it would fit in my layout.
Reinhard
cnrglen!
Worship
Cheers that this blinds adds life to the cars. But "how to" you make them?

Lutz
Thanks guys. It was a fun project but I'm glad it's over and I can get back to finishing the Doodlebug project.
Lutz, I made the blinds from colored and textured scrapbooking paper, cut slightly oversize and attached with tacky glue