Horwoods Service Center from "Rail Scale Miniatures"
Beside the Nautilus and the octopus is the wharf possible breath taking again. Do you have more photos of the wharf?
Reinhard
Hi Reinhard, I'm not certain which wharf you like, the wooden one or the cement one? I do have a couple of photo's of things on either wharf, but not any of the actual wharves themselves.

Greg
I still have a few more images of my Horwoods diorama to share with you.
I made up this metal man named promo and his trusted dog rusty to help promote Shell gasoline on the corner where Horwoods resides.

And I even modeled a HD wrecker for the Horwoods boys.

Greg shinnie
Thanks for the photos of the wharf. I did not refer to the wooden or the cement one. I referred to the "beautiful" one 357 The last posted details are amazing too.
You are really a gifted man!

What is the reason you do dioramas? No interest in railroad, no space for a layout or just the flexibility of many many different dioramas?
Reinhard
"Nautilus", a resin kit, I'll have to look into that, but still have that desire to scratch build it. Maybe after I complete the DD-770 model....( if I live that long Wink )... I have always liked the look of "Nemo's Nautilus".
Your Lobster Pots ( traps ).....scratch built or kits? .... they are excellently done !
The lobester pots in this photo are GC Laser Kits.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
faraway Wrote:What is the reason you do dioramas? No interest in railroad, no space for a layout or just the flexibility of many many different dioramas?

Hi Reinhard, between raising a family & work I just haven't had the time or space to build a large layout, so diorama building lets me build a small piece of a future layout.
At least that's the plan, though I recently sold this diorama and a few others to finance other modeling ideas that I have. I live in a century home and the basement was not a great place for a layout.
I hope I can convince my wife one day, that we should move from this old place to a newer one that does not require so much maintenance, so that I might get a layout one day.
The great thing about diorama building it allows you to concentrate your efforts on a smaller space and do it really well. I have started my future layout with a portable section called Magoun Pier.
My plan is to be able to display this section at shows, it measures 3.5 ft. x 6 ft. I love scenes were rails & water meet.

Greg
Sumpter250 Wrote:"Nautilus", a resin kit, I'll have to look into that, but still have that desire to scratch build it. Maybe after I complete the DD-770 model....( if I live that long Wink )... I have always liked the look of "Nemo's Nautilus".
Your Lobster Pots ( traps ).....scratch built or kits? .... they are excellently done !
The lobester pots in this photo are GC Laser Kits.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Hi Sumpter250, my lobster traps were brass etched ones, sorry I can't remember who made them.

Greg Shinnie
Gidday Greg, Apart from the excellent modelling you make a good point, that a lot of us who make the excuse that we don’t have enough room don’t consider, making a diorama for future incorporation into something larger.
Thanks for sharing,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Ensign Wrote:I love scenes were rails & water meet. Greg

Here, rails & water really meet...The Schooner is on a "Marine Railway", for hull maintenance, and re-masting.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
All of your modules look terrific and packed with detail. I'm a fan of harbor railroads and really like your pier scene Thumbsup
Ensign Wrote:I made up this metal man named promo and his trusted dog rusty to help promote Shell gasoline on the corner where Horwoods resides.

Greg,

Another great looking detail.

Bruce
Ensign Wrote:I have started my future layout with a portable section called Magoun Pier.

Greg,

Do you have any other photos of the pier? I have several of the Walthers piers on my layout and I'm curious to see what you have done with it.

Bruce
Thanks very much for your interest & kind words JaBear, Sumpter250, Rscott417 & Bruce.

Bruce, my Magoun pier is a project still in the works, I will start a separate thread on it when it's nearer to completion.

Greg