Weekly Photo Fun 7/31 - 8/6/15
WPMA-29 with a GE B23-7, works Mid Atlantic Waste Paper.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

PRT 148 B23-7 ex Conrail unit towing some loaded C&D hoppers to the interchange !!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

A few photos from a recent outing with friends:

Wayne
Some great shots Doc---it sure was an enjoyable trip thanks to you,Charlie and Kevin---here's a few more shots from our adventure

[Image: 062.jpg]

[Image: 2b7a0322-db9d-4d5a-a90e-231c5d11328a.jpg]

[Image: 127.jpg]

[Image: 108_1.jpg]

[Image: 094.jpg]

[Image: 118.jpg]

[Image: 074.jpg]

[Image: 072.jpg]
Ed and Wayne, thanks for sharing your photos I think Ed's picture of the 765 here is one of the best. Even has the rods down.
Charlie
Two weeks ago I started with first of eight(!) Sunhine kits of PFE R-70-2 Super Giant reefers which I must build for friend. Eight kits - however he sold me a very nice brass engine some times ago. And he prefers to receive the models in super detailed condition of course, please. I hope that I can satisfy his wishes.
He said these should be the best available kits but I was already very frustrated with starting to add the details. Very coarse brake parts and so I must replace most parts by other commercial parts. Why do resin kit producer think that they can make all parts better as producer which make such detail parts in mass? I do not know an answer however I know that these kits from Sunshine are not the best kits! A good average, ok. Maybe also that my friend was a bit too euphoric with his opinion.

However look here on underside of first model.

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-03k.jpg]

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-04k.jpg]
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
With eight cars, it would be almost worthwhile to model one overturned in a train wreck scene, just to show off that beautiful detail work. As usual, very nicely done. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Bernhard,
I just got done reading, and responding to your compliments on the rigging of my "Cutter", and I get here and see the beautiful work of your brake rigging on that Sunshine Kits reefer ............ Wink Here's "back at you" Applause Applause Worship Guess it really does "take one to know one" .
Thank you again,
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Doc, Pete, thank you very much for your honoring words.
I think you know that I love to add such a lot of details because I think that such good basic models should get all these details where I think that I can build them in an adequate size and accuracy, also if such parts mounted on underside of a model.
However a little correction to your idea, Wayne. My friend loves long trains, very long trains in fact. And so he will not miss an only model for such an accident scene and I'm sure that he will reinforce my statement. Such an scene with models like this would be a horror to him (because a possible damage of his own models).
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Hide and switch, an old game for baby locomotives Wink
[Image: IMG_4339_zpsvppdwsyx.jpg]
Reinhard