Anyone downloaded Windows 10 yet ?
I have a second laptop with Windows 8.1 and am thinking of trying the Windows 10 which I think is free if you have 8.1 . I'm a little hesitant because Win 10 is new and probably has issues ....how serious we , of course , won't know .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Let me know how it works how for you T. Eek
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Mikey, one of the admins, has it running on his computer and seemed satisfied. Said the upgrade went smoothly with only a few tweaks.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
I'm waiting to hear more success stories first.
I'll wait for more guinea pigs ....no , no . I mean experimenters ....yeah , that's it . Goldth Goldth . I'm not a computer whiz like some of youz guyz .

T
Downloaded and installed on 7/29. No problems.Never could get Bluetooth speakers and wireless printers to pair up on Win8.1. Win10 immediately paired up with every Bluetooth device in the house and both of my wireless printers. No complaints so far.
Len Turner
Texas South East RR
http://tserr.blogspot.com/
Had windows 7, loved it, up graded to 10, seems great Thumbsup , different, but nice Wink 8-)

Like anything new, takes some getting used to, but I quickly found my way around it. It has a lot of applications readily available for you to use, I 86'ed the stuff I'll never use, streamlined it for my own personal preferences, definitely a thumbs up to Win 10 OS Thumbsup
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Is it easy to import everything ?....most concerned with the several hundred collector car pics I have . My many mrring pics are stored on floppy discs , but the car stuff is in the photo album section of Win 8.1.
Although early indications appear positive, I tend to wait a few months until I upgrade operating systems because of Microsoft's history of releasing software without working out the bugs.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I went from 8.1 to 10 on my laptop. I had no problems and I didn't lose anything. It seems OK, but haven't had time to play with it.
Charlie
Went from Win 7 to 10 on my wife's computer. Upgrade went very smoothly overnight. Tried it this morning and it had wiped out the network card. I'll be searching for a fix soon. Fortunately it's not my primary computer.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Went from 7 to 10 on an old and underpowered Netbook Eee from Asus.

+ The performance improved with Win 10. Looks like it has more intelligent methods to handle hardware constrains
+ Most things look different but similar enough to feel home in less than an hour.

- Had no luck with drivers for one Serial-to-USB adapter but got another one running with MS supplied drivers.
- The old graphics drivers permitted to force the screen resolution to 1024 *768 with reduced quality even though the physical size is 1024 * 600. The new MS supplied Windows 10 drivers do not permit a higher resolution then the physical resolution. That is a problem with programs that do not have the flexibility to adjust to all screen sizes (e.g. ESU sound decoder programming tool). The lower part of the logical screen is simply not accessible.

My recommendation is to search for experience reports of your specific hardware and/or look for updated device drivers of your hardware supplier in case genetic MS drivers don't work as expected.
Reinhard
I have windows 7 on my laptop and its not broken so,I have no desire to fix it with windows 10 at this time.

Maybe later when all the good,bad and ugly of windows 10 is known..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
I would wait to install Windows 10 when at least the first service pack is available.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I never upgraded my PC's from XP. Everyone was bitching about the cutesie XP search engine, but I find it a lot easier to find things on my computer than the "new improved" version in win10 on my laptop. I suppose with time I will figure it out, in the meantime the desktops stay XP.
Charlie