Freelance 2015-3
faraway Wrote:I wish there would be a history function in Google maps and especially Streetview.
Google Earth has this feature. Some of the imagery may be unclear but still can be helpful for the most part.
The lethargy is over and I am back in the construction business. The first of the three simple buildings got brick walls, gate, door, down spouts etc. replacing the street view wallpaper.
[Image: IMG_4519_zpshv8iecvc.jpg]

A few drops of paint
[Image: IMG_4520_zpssovd0wme.jpg]

It's in use since many years
[Image: IMG_4521_zpseeqdlzqb.jpg]
Reinhard
Good job - nice to see you back!
The assembly of all three buildings
[Image: IMG_4525_zpstz6qqlkm.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4526_zpsivsykupl.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4527_zpstej1nlw4.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4528_zpsws5t7o7y.jpg]
Reinhard
Toke care of the roofs today

[Image: IMG_4529_zpsxpaceeif.jpg]
The view from my chair
[Image: IMG_4531_zpspg2skoir.jpg]

The center building sign belongs to 221 51st ST, Brooklyn, NY 11220 : http://www.polarmechanicalcorp.com/index.html 357
Reinhard
That building looks great.

Wayne
Wayne Snyder
Creating the Ft Worth Sub - FWWR
Reinhard. Great work. If you want a fast food restaurant, just re-purpose one of the buildings into a sandwich shop, deli, or pizzeria. In fact, there's a few Glatt Kosher shops around the area.

If you have a need for a building of a different kind, Lutheran Hospital is a block away from Polar Mechanics. It's housed in former industrial loft buildings. They have smaller clinics and administrative offices located in buildings similar to what you are building. There are also condominium/co-op apartments being built around the area as well as storefront churches. When my grandfather had a heart attack many years ago, we were driving around street running trains (New York Cross Harbor Railroad) to see him.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:.... Lutheran Hospital is a block away from Polar Mechanics. It's housed in former industrial loft buildings.....
Mike, I noticed it and wondered about the unusual style for a hospital. Thanks for the background information. Really interesting how some buildings are reused.
Reinhard
Hi Reinhard,

nice structures and good to see you back working on your layout.

Regards,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
The new window glass is thicker than the old one and required new shutters. We decided to take "dirty white" pleating at the windows. It is also not bad as a neutral backdrop.
[Image: IMG_4532_zpstr946iwp.jpg]
Reinhard
I have been asked for a track plan and some photos to get an overview of the layout. I am sorry but there is still no track plan but this is a series of photos taken 10 minutes ago from left to right.
[Image: IMG_4533_zpsortqia22.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4534_zpspn2vdgsy.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4535_zpssyfk4xor.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4536_zps1sjil7kl.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4537_zps4trbeipz.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4538_zps6jkhvj88.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4539_zpsynizutho.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4540_zpsrzktcvim.jpg]

I found a very old Atlas ATSF S2 made in Austria. I cleaned it up and added DCC. LED and a some freelance terminal railroad paint scheme will be next. I got inspired by the SF Bay Railroad still running two S2 in revenue service.
[Image: IMG_4541_zpsperkoj8s.jpg]
Reinhard
I got an Athearn GP38-2 some time ago. It is a nice model and I love to use it during operation sessions. But somethings was odd, strange or wrong with the engine but I could not find the problem.
[Image: IMG_4517_zpsbms6an9b.jpg]

Until last night. The Athearn model is a pre 2000 version without the white roof so familiar to me for all contemporary CSX engines. Microscale TF-1 is the solution!
[Image: IMG_4542_zpsz9rrkj1a.jpg]
Reinhard
Nice masking, I have to do the same thing to 3 CSX engines I recently purchased.
Nice to see you have a 1:87 drone taking overhead pictures :-)
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
The old wooden fence was replaced by an ugly concrete wall many years ago.

[Image: IMG_4545_zpstmhnknbo.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4546_zps71pvc3oh.jpg]
Reinhard