HLCX GP38-2
Small update,I have the rest of the decals applied, the grab irons installed and I decided not to paint the white stripes on the walkways and used decals. I think they look better then the ones I painted on the steps and might consider painting over the steps and using the same decals, I think it'll look a little neater.
[Image: image.jpg1_zpsuirikhzl.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg2_zpsjvlzi2h2.jpg]
This project is pretty much complete for now. I'm waiting on window glazing and will get the sound, lighting and weathering done at a later date.
[Image: image.jpg1_zpsirg3cd98.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg5_zps2koepl1m.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg3_zpsj2twrgdz.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg2_zpszypmmmsg.jpg]
Are you going to leave the side windows open??? I'm working on an old atlas high nose GP38 & I was think about putting the speaker in the high nose & leave the windows open so the sound can escape out !!!
Is it my eyes or what? Looks like the loco is banana shaped!
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.
Kamerad I'm not leaving the windows open, im waiting for AMB windows to be delivered.
Catweasel it wasn't your eyes, I didn't have the front end pushed down in place. Thank you.
I like the engine. The red paint scheme is a nice eye catcher. An ...X engine is of very universal use on a contemporary layout.
Reinhard
Thanks Reinhard, it's tru-color Cornell red. Lease engines are an easy solution to locomotive variety for sure. I'd really love to do a CSX northern branch (NJ) layout and lease engines were a fixture on that line.
Rscott417 Wrote:Thanks Reinhard, it's tru-color Cornell red. .....
Is there a proud Cornell alumni speaking Wink
Reinhard
357 no not me, that's what the decal sheet recommended
This guy is officially done. Weathered, LokSound decoder front and rear ditchlights (front operational only)
[Image: image.jpg3_zpsdseseawv.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg4_zpsyqeuwcpy.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg2_zpsbgifhkeg.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg1_zpscdsanf6w.jpg]
Great looking rent a wreck.. Thumbsup Applause

Rent a wreck-Railroaders term for any lease locomotive. :o 357

BTW. I prefer to leave my cab side windows open since I model summer and locomotives isn't equipped with A/C...
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!