Wiseman 15 ton Mack
I'm very fond of little critturs and when I found this one I had to order it. Well,it's arrived now and first impressions are very good. I didn't realise it would be a whitemetal kit but that's to it's advantage. I estimated the wheelbase at 24.5 mm and ordered a Tenshodo Spud with 10.5 mm wheels on the strength of it. Both arrived together and I was pleased to find the the Spud is perfect for it. The axle ends will have to be cut,but apart from that and modding the pickups for DCC it'll be good to go. I'll also have to figure out what Kadee's will fit. This will be fun. On the layout itself, I have a big problem in that the sector plate is far too short. A bit of a re-think there is needed.
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.
Got a pic or a link? :?:
Not yet. I've built up the foot plate to check for the fit of the Spud and that went well, but when I put it on the rollers to run it it ran a bit hotter than I'd like. There's so little room between the frames that I suspect it's rubbing a bit, so I'll run a file down the insides and see how that goes. When I'm happy with that I'll then mod the Spud for DCC. Obviously sound isn't an option but there's so little room on board that I'll put the chip under the roof. I'll have to have that removable anyway so as to give me access to the Spud securing screw. But photo's will be available.
Had a closer look at the Spud. It's designed for OO/HO and it may be that the wheels themselves are wider than it appears for HO. If so,I may try slimming the wheels down. There's a fair bit of meat on them so a few thou shouldn't hurt.
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.
I found a pic in this thread.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/204177.aspx">http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/204177.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
That was excellent. The advantage of the Spud is that it doesn't fill the cab. If I could find a sound file it would be possible to fit a sugar speaker under the roof. I like the lights on it,will work on that for mine. Gives me an idea for sound as well. Namely the bell. Hmmm.
Kind of a cute little Critter... Thumbsup
I think I'm losing the plot. I typed in 1928 Mack Gas engine into Youtube and got a good hit. A video of one being started and running. I thought that if I downloaded the video, ripped out the engine sound and converted it, then maybe it could be downloaded onto a Loksound or similar, then fitted to the Mack. Told you I was losing it.
[Image: Tenshodo%20Spud_zpskjexim0v.jpg]

[Image: Mack%20Chassis_zpsujqxhmts.jpg]

The Mack chassis on the rollers. Top photo shows the Spud underneath.It's a close fit. These units have extended axles and it's essential to cut them flush with the face of the wheel. Second photo shows method of fitting it to the chassis. The piece going across the top is the part for fitting sideframes to the Spud. All I've done to it is to cut the ends off because they stopped the cab sides fitting. I don't know why yet, but it still gets too hot for comfort. After about 15 mins on the rollers it's a smidge to hot to hold for any length of time. More investigation I think.