Chessie System-Athens Subdivision....
Last up is the trackage into the Lost Run Mine. I also made a mistake by calling this Jobs-New Pittsburg which is a real mine but was on the Murray City branch in real life and not the Straitsville branch. Anyway the mine you see here is pretty much what it will look like as I plan on adding a third track at some point which will give the mine a capacity of 16 or so cars. Right now you have to imagine it "back in the holler" with hills on both sides and just enough room for the tracks, the mine and a few buildings.

Attached Files Image(s)

CandO7430 (The poster formerly known as IandOFan71)

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,
Ohio Div, Chessie System Railroads
That's all for now. I'm gonna try and get down there to finish the wiring and get it running. I'm really looking forward to working on the scenery here and can't wait to see how it turns out. Hope you all have enjoyed my progress so far and thank you all for the kind words.

God Bless

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,
The Lost Run Mine is gonna look terrific once the "back in the holler" gets completed! Thumbsup
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Greetings all,
It's been way too long. I get almost no time to work on my layout so I haven't been able to get as far as I would like too. However, I locked myself in the basement for a few hours today to work on my latest project. I've never been happy with the capacity of my engine facility so I tore it out and moved it. I thought I would share some picas of my progress. First up is the beginnings of the new facility. You can see the old drawbridge to the right which gives you an idea of where this is now. From left to right is the Logan Yard East Lead, Main, RIP track, Enginehouse track#1, #2, #3 and the MOW track.

Attached Files Image(s)

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,
Here is a view looking the other direction. At this point I'm still piecing the track together.

Attached Files Image(s)

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,
Next up is the back of the engine facility and the start of the switch ladder. In the background is not a brewery, just my refreshments Thumbsup Also in the background is the new trackage into Goodyear. I think I'm gonna add a second track for those hicubes.

Attached Files Image(s)

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,
Here is the trackage that I almost have laid out. I still have to add cork for the main and all the electrical stuff. In the background, the two Reading engines are at about the spot they were in the first series of pictures to give you another idea of how this area has changed.

Attached Files Image(s)

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,
Here is the "yard ladder" for the back of the engine facility. I laid out the tracks so that locomotives can enter from either direction for servicing. Goodyear is in the background.

Attached Files Image(s)

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,
Finally for now is the east main switch into the facility. I still have to install the cork roadbed under the main and wire it but this is where it will be. The main will extend beyond into a planned expansion in the hopefully not to distant future. Hope you enjoyed the pics and sorry it;s been so long. Take care and see you next time.

Attached Files Image(s)

T. Blackstone,
Division Superintendent,