2016 Big Blue NASCAR Racin'
Thank you, Mikey, for running the league - even with some unnecessary remarks from another Big Blue member. Yours, Don's, and the other staff of Big Blue make this my favorite forum to regularly engage in.

Thanks for the congrats guys. Don't worry, I won't change my name. I will still stay the same knucklehead that everybody is familiar with and still congregate with those Big Blue members who didn't win (*ducking objects being thrown at me*) 35 Icon_lol

The cameraderie of the Fantasy League is a bigger draw to me than the win itself. Good friends are always the biggest prize.

Count me in to defend my title next year. Crazy
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Has anyone tried to understand the new points system??????
What happened to just winning the race???? Wallbang
dwight77
well....our local paper....a Gannett paper, had a story today that the NASCAR drivers love the new point system. Guess we will have to wait and see how it shakes out.
dwight77
I doubt they would say anything if they didn't like it .....I just think , for game players , it gets crazy at the elimination stage . It's probably the main reason I don't watch NASCAR any more . Honestly , I prefer my local track . JMO .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
It is a confusing system. All new things are. Just look at DCC. 35 Wallbang
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
dwight77 Wrote:Has anyone tried to understand the new points system??????
What happened to just winning the race???? Wallbang
dwight77
Seriously... Yes, I agree!!! King Richard could never win over 200 races and 7 championships with this setup..

But we all have to understand that money makes the cars go around. Sad
The TV ratings have been failing and there are way to many empty seats at a lot of races.

With that said, all the new system doses is break each race into 3 separated races. The winner of each of the first 2 parts wins a point that will help them in the Chase. What it supposedly does for the ratings is the "shared" ratings. If someone tunes in now and sees lap 60 out of 200.... they yawn and move on.

With the new system I guarantee the announcers are going to say the remaining "Segment Laps" every chance they get. The result is, that someone tuning in during lap 60 out of 200 will be quickly informed that this is lap 60 of the race, but remember they only have SIX laps until the segment ends with _________ leading the segment.

The new way will hold more shared audience, therefore the overall ratings will go up a bit. how much? That remains to be seen.

Please repeat this entire scenario for laps 120 - 132 out of 200.

Then of course, the last 20 or 30 laps, everyone watches.

We'll be able to make a drinking game out of this. Every time they say "segment" take a shot of your favorite beverage weather that is alcohol, tea, coffee, soda or water. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???