0 scale or H0 scale? maybe both....
I got my first standard gauge 0 scale engine, a Trainman U23b in its 2 rail version. It is a pretty nice model and as I missed the first batch of these, which was offered in Conrail paint I went for a one in the Chessie paint. I regretted it first after all the paint scheme is a bit like a circus thing. But it turned out pretty OK. It is pretty rich with details and there are few upgrades you can do with it. The size is big, but manageble. Not as overwhelming as the stuff in G-scale so it got me thinking. The engine, with a shelf styled switching layout with a few switches seems manageble. I guess I will use Peco, mostly as they are available here in Europe and the local dealer will able to send switches in a rather short notice. I have had Peco in H0-scale aswell for years and come to like them. I was thinking of 0n30 too, and I got a pair of steamers allready from Bachmann, they look great and run well, but the prices on rolling stock has become rather pricey. Going for standard scale , I could make it with a half dozen freight cars and keep the cost down pretty much. Much of the bulidings could be just with flats, vehicles is even easier than with H0-scale, just pull off scale like toy cars in the supermarket or the toy store. I have modified a handful of them to present the real things with some additional chrome. Bad thing is that it is a little harder to get anything that isn't a convertible.

Next thing is to buy a pair of turnouts and a few flex tracks to make an valuation with it all. I have a room of 6 by 15 ft so I might later on make a ort of industrail branch of whole thing. But there are a few buts, one is that I have started to bld the first section on a H0 layout, set in North East of USA or south east Canada. One by one the power to the trains are arriving, it will be mostly CN GP40-2ws and I was suprised by the fact how they look. Those wide noses adds an extra of interest and having them available in two different CN paint schemes adds something extra. I will loosely base some of the scenes from downtown Bellow Falls so I can have more space for an industrial area and switching while a narrow shelf will do as a combination of a local yard and visible stageing. I hope to have this section done during the summer and start on the town scene by then, separated with a little water and a bridge. short trains with a couple of these Geeps will look good, longer will make things overwhelming. Have not the track plan worked out, I am to figure it out as I go along. But the O-scale stuff is cool, let's see what happens....