9/11
How sad that this forum can remember all things NASCAR but not the murder of 3,000 Americans.
I'm from New York City, Was in New York City on September 11, 2001, and lost friends on September 11, 2001. I don't need to be reminded on a train forum where I go to get away from everyday life. And by the way, I'm the guy in first place in the NASCAR competition.

Insulting & sanctimonious statements like yours are neither appreciated nor acceptable.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Sorry to say Cheers ... The smoke rising from the Port Authority's complex was the first thing I saw every morning for at least a week after it happened. Packed up my family and moved 85 miles away from it, as soon as I could afford to do so. Still have to look at the site nearly every day on my way to work. I have not been able to step foot in lower Manhattan since it happened. I come to a place like this to not think about it. Still doesn't mean that I have forgotten about it.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
MountainMan Wrote:How sad that this forum can remember all things NASCAR but not the murder of 3,000 Americans.
I should have called your attention to my post here.

Charlie
MountainMan Wrote:How sad that this forum can remember all things NASCAR but not the murder of 3,000 Americans.

How sad that you didn't post your feelings yesterday, but chose to put everyone else down that didn't say anything either. Why was it OK for you not to say anything, but not right for anyone else to hold the remembrance of that day in their own way? Most people don't have to shout about their feelings just to show they care, most people do care, but hold it in silence or in prayer or going about doing other deeds so that we don't forget.

Just to paraphrase a sermon that I remember from about 20 years ago, short but to the point, "what did you do yesterday to show you are a proud American?"
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Just for the record.......

I saw Charlie's post on 9/11, I didn't see this thread until today.

Further, Yup - I have to update the NASCAR points every week there's a race, so I completed my duties as promised..... while I was watching the 9/11 tribute on the TV (Local station) Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
While I will never forget 9/11 I won't dwell on it no more then when 179 of us went to battle the NVA and only 43 of us was able to walk out.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:While I will never forget 9/11 I won't dwell on it no more then when 179 of us went to battle the NVA and only 43 of us was able to walk out.
WOW!!!! Thanks again for your service!!! Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???