Knee Replacement
I can't remember if I've asked this before as I was contemplating having my left knee done ........haven't been able to go for walks for a couple of years now , so am looking forward to the procedure . I have a meeting , finally , with the surgeon or whatever he is called , on January 16 , so expect the deal to go down fairly soon after . The guy did knees on my aunt and uncle about 25 years ago !!

Any words of wisdom on this ?

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:.... The guy did knees on my aunt and uncle about 25 years ago !!....

and the knees have improved even more. You have good reason to be optimistic. Good luck Thumbsup
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:
teejay Wrote:.... The guy did knees on my aunt and uncle about 25 years ago !!....

and the knees have improved even more. You have good reason to be optimistic. Good luck Thumbsup

I agree. Everybody I know that has had a joint replaced said while the rehab sucks, the end result makes it well worth it. Best of luck T.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I agree with everyone else, I've had surgery on both knees, but no replacements, just repairs. My ortho dr. tells me that if we every have to go that way, replacements today are a breeze and you will actually be walking out of the hospital a few hours after surgery. Yeah, physical therapy is no fun, but it never is for any purpose, but the end results are worth it.

Good luck... Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
As long as you follow the instructions afterward during rehab, you should be fine.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Thanks guys ....I'm wondering if there are any leg exercises I could do before the operation that might help when it comes to rehab time ?

T
My wife had both of hers replaced. They key to a successful rehab is to maintain a positive attitude, and always give the therapist 110%.

My wife went back to work three weeks after her first knee replacement, and the same for the second one a few moths later, but she has the most positive attitude and gumption you'll ever see.

Remember, "pain fades, chicks dig scars..." but those new knees are forever. Thumbsup
I had my left knee replaced in 2012, and the dr said better physical conditioning would help. Unfortunately, I focused on building up leg strength. I discovered that what I needed was better upper body strength, because for the first week or so I had to use my arms to support my weight until my knee started to heal.
Well , I have an appointment with the surgeon Monday and I'm hoping the operation isn't too long after that . Other people have said I still have a long wait ....so we'll see.

Thanks for the advice , guys .

T
Good luck T !
Mike

My best wishes.
"Ich drueck Dir die Daumen"!!
Reinhard
Just got word today ....9 MONTHS wait !! I go in Sept 27 unless someone else cancels . Damn ,
oh wow!! Hopefully someone else will cancel!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yeah ....but guess why they cancel Crazy Nope
Ya know T you could speed the whole process up if you just spent a few of those $$$$ you are hoarding and hired yourself a hit man!
Shoot Shoot Shoot
Eek Nope Misngth
Mike