Cary S-2's
I finished up the CN S-2 today.
[Image: DSCF7010_zpst78jti5o.jpg]
I got a Digitrax DN 136 decoder for it. Nice small size and 1.5 amp capacity. My DCC guy installed it along with the warm white LED's
[Image: DSCF7011_zpsv9lgks0x.jpg]
Then it was just a matter of siliconing the two LED's into the shell and mounting it on the chassis.
[Image: DSCF7013_zpsyuhgonsg.jpg]
I ran it for a bit this afternoon. It ran well but I think it might have another re-motoring in it's future. The inexpensive china motor might have been okay to use in my doodlebug where it's only running one truck and half the weight, but this heavy switcher is a bit much for it.
[Image: DSCF7014_zpsogsxcpja.jpg]
Overall I'm pretty pleased with the results. It may have been quite a bit of work but the pair will work well on the layout.
On a side note I did make a mistake when I was assembling the drive on the CPR unit. I used some Loctite RC601 to set the flywheels and universals on the motor shaft. I didn't realise how thin the fluid was and it got into the Sagami's end bearing and locked that up too. Fortunately I was able to use a tiny drop of lacquer thinner to dissolve the Loctite and ran the engine for about 15 minutes to flush the rest out. I then re-lubed the motor bearings and its runs great now.