2017 Big Blue NASCAR Racin'
It's time again!!!! I'm willing to run it again if we get players!!

The season will be in 3 segm... NOT!!!!!!

This is racing the OLD fashioned way!!! NO segment points! Whatever they get at the end of the race is what our guys receive!

They race One Race... One set of points, even after the chase, our drivers only receive their standard end of the race points! I do however keep a separate list of the chase drivers during the Chase.

If you want to play along, Please reply here before February 17th! That's a week from Friday!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Last Year's results:

Results of drivers picked:
1. Jimmie Johnson
3. Kevin Harvick
4. Joey Logano
6. Kyle Busch
7. Matt Kenseth
9. Denny Hamlin
11. Chase Elliott
34. Carl Edwards
35. Brad Kesolowski
36. Martin Truex Jr.
Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Mike Kieran 3390
Dwight77 3233
NGauger 3108
teejay 3095
W8JY 2519
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I'm in! Thumbsup
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:I'm in! Thumbsup
Cool!!! Glad to see you're back! Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Hi Mikey:
I would like to be in again....and greatly appreciate your offering to run the league.

I completely agree with you, one set of points, make it easy. If NASCAR wants to put their computers to the test....have at it. But I like the idea of the end of the race is what counts.....not every lap in between. They only give the trophy to the guy, or gal, leading at the end of the race. Without being too political, it sounds like NASCAR is becoming part of the crowd that wants to give everyone a "PARTICIPATION" trophy. I can almost guarantee you that the sponsors are not going to be raising flags for their guy if he is always leading at the middle of the race...... 35

Are you going to set it up where we can pick three drivers, and they can be picked by others also? If so, I am picking Jimmie Johnson, he has been my main driver since we have been doing the leagues.

Thank you again for offering to run the league.
dwight77
dwight77 Wrote:Hi Mikey:
I would like to be in again....and greatly appreciate your offering to run the league.

Are you going to set it up where we can pick three drivers, and they can be picked by others also? If so, I am picking Jimmie Johnson, he has been my main driver since we have been doing the leagues.

Thank you again for offering to run the league.
dwight77
Yeah.... same as we always do it. 3 drivers and others can pick them also.
Glad to have you back again!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Hi Mikey:
I will stick with my drivers from last year: Jimmie Johnson
Joey Logano
Kevin Harvick
Thank you
dwight77
Sounds good!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I'm going with:

Jimmie Johnson

Kyle Busch

Kevin Harvick

GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!!!
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Great!!

Icon_lol At least you didn't choose the same drivers.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

LOL. Hopefully I made the right picks. My friends with the pinky rings told me to go with them. And you know what happens when you don't listen. You don't wanna know.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike Kieran Wrote:LOL. Hopefully I made the right picks. My friends with the pinky rings told me to go with them. And you know what happens when you don't listen. You don't wanna know.
Icon_lol Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

OK and I'll pick the same three as last year...
So we have:

dwight77:
Jimmie Johnson
Joey Logano
Kevin Harvick

Mike Kieran:
Jimmie Johnson
Kyle Busch
Kevin Harvick

ngauger:
Martin Truex Jr
Carl Edwards
Brad Keselowski

If anyone else wants to play along, just reply here
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ANYWAY WE CAN GET SOME MORE PLAYERS??????
I know it is late....but could be put a request on Upper Berth, or N/Z, HO, Narrow Gauge Modeling????
If we generated some interest.....maybe we could not count the first race????...to start everyone off even.
Just a thought.....I truly thought more would want to get in......maybe NASCAR has lost more interest than I thought...... Sad
dwight77
I was listening to a show on NPR the other day about NASCAR. They said that over the last 10 years the TV ratings have fallen by 50% with about the same decline in ticket sales. As the ratings fall the networks put more of the races on the cable channels which causes the ratings to decrease even more as a lot of people don't get some of those channels and as they can't see it on TV they lose interest so don't go to the races when they are held in their area. Right now it looks like NASCAR is in danger of going the way of boxing, arena football and what have you. Some of the biggest mistakes they made was leaving the short tracks, going to too many cookie cutter 1.5 and 2 mile tracks where they just go round and round. Letting the sport get so expensive that all the more colorful one car teams can no longer compete and going to one of the dumbest points systems known to man. Somebody said the drivers like the new points system. I got a clue for them, it doesn't matter what they like only what the fans like. If NASCAR doesn't get it's head outta it's a** pretty soon they will be out there racing for bragging rights and beer money in front of mostly empty stands and no TV coverage. Today is the Daytona 500, I'll be in the next room working on my layout and the TV won't even be turned on.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string