Reading GP30 project
Thx, Chris and Don for your comments. This will be a slow build until I get the H-9 done and can devote more attention to this project. Waiting on LED's now for the H-9 build.
This is the other Cannon & Co's fan kit I used for the smaller radiator fan part# 1706:
[Image: IMG_0281_zpsn14fetpl.jpg]

I also made another larger radiator fan to complete the radiator fan section of GP30. Everything is not glued together yet and I'm going to hold off on that till I'm ready to paint. It mentions in the directions to paint before final assembly of fans. Will see about the dynamic brake fan for tonight Thumbsup .

[Image: IMG_0282_zpsg2xhn3zq.jpg]
And lastly, this is the final fan assembly from Cannon & Co. to be used on this GP30, part # 1851. It is the dynamic brake fan:
[Image: IMG_0284_zpsxxcswgji.jpg]

And a look with the final fan in place:
[Image: IMG_0285_zpsf1tqmgeu.jpg]

Now, I have the same thing to do to two more shells Crazy . Thumbsup
Often times when I get set to do a project like this, I buy parts for it and than get distracted by another project or some home improvement job and I forget about what I bought or the research I've done. So when I was going through the parts I have on hand for the GP30 project and I found these, which made me wonder, what did I buy these for?
[Image: IMG_0298_zpsv4mxn1dn.jpg]

After doing a little refreshing of the ole" memory, I concluded I purchased the Cannon & Co's kit RF-1706(and it clearly shows its not for a GP30) for the the 36" housing assembly and planned to customize it with the Plano kit.

I spent a little time this morning putting this together. It's the same 36" housing fan assembly I made earlier this week with the new Plano fan grill on it.
[Image: IMG_0301_zpskuo9gxr9.jpg]

And finally a shot with it in between the 2 larger fans:
[Image: IMG_0302_zpsaqsvncew.jpg]

I just noticed in the photo back up the thread, the Cannon & Co #1706, I had made a note on the package for the Plano part #474. 357
Quote:welcome to Big Blue, Don

Thanks Tom. I hope that I might add some positive comment to this forum recommended to me by Brakie, aka, Larry. Cheers
Don in "Orygun" City
twilight Wrote:Often times when I get set to do a project like this, I buy parts for it and than get distracted by another project or some home improvement job and I forget about what I bought or the research I've done. So when I was going through the parts I have on hand for the GP30 project and I found these, which made me wonder, what did I buy these for?
I purchased the Cannon & Co's kit RF-1706(and it clearly shows its not for a GP30) for the the 36" housing assembly and planned to customize it with the Plano kit.

I spent a little time this morning putting this together. It's the same 36" housing fan assembly I made earlier this week with the new Plano fan grill on it.

And finally a shot with it in between the 2 larger fans:

I just noticed in the photo back up the thread, the Cannon & Co #1706, I had made a note on the package for the Plano part #474. 357

I was about to ask about that, since I had noticed in the picture from Tuesday, you had used the GP35 fan cover! I am glad to see that combining the Cannon fans and the Plano screen worked out, since if I remember correctly, the parts were meant to be used with P2K's existing fans. I wonder if my existing P2K fans should be updated?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Chris, the Plano fan cover didn't exactly cover the Cannon fan assembly. But I think it's close enough that it won't be noticeable.

Mark
twilight Wrote:Chris, the Plano fan cover didn't exactly cover the Cannon fan assembly. But I think it's close enough that it won't be noticeable.

Mark

Looks fine to me, and you know I count the rivets! Can't wait to see it.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Hi Chris, Wayne and I were wondering where you were. You are one of many missing in action. It's good to hear from you.
Charlie
Mark your work on the geeps is turning out very well. I like the look on the multi-layered fan assemblies.
Going back to you difficulties with stripping the paint off the Bachmann bodies. I recently had to strip the paint off a spectrum h16-44 shell and I too found that my usual go-to 99% isopropyl alcohol wasn't cutting it. I had to go to my back-up paint stripper, easy-off oven cleaner. I use the stuff in the spray bottle, not the aerosol can and only leave it on for 20 minutes before scrubbing with a toothbrush and rinsing off. That will usually take care of any stubborn paint with the exception of some lacquers.