Brooklyn 1st Ave waterfront
Doing a search of sw1500s on ebay I realized the paint scheme I thought I stole from B&O is also similar as BN just swap the grey with black. I ended up using bn cascade green for my B&G sw1500 which made me think that a short line just starting out would likely purchase or acquire used locomotives and might not necessarily repaint them. In my case, perhaps they experimented and only one got repainted and the other got a decent patch job and the B&G stripe and logos added. This would be the bn sw1500 I'd use. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH96685">http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default ... D=ATH96685</a><!-- m -->
The Goderich & Exeter is part of a conglomeraton of short lines. Some of their locos are in the corporate paint job with local initials, but one SD unit is in what looks like SP colours (black with bloody nose) and I've seen a GP in UP yellow.
Sometimes the local freight goes through with 3 or 4 paint schemes.
(for a short line, it can take 2 1/2-3 hours to drive from one end to the other, not counting the CN trackage rights)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
A lot of these smaller roads have colorful fleets, I just hope I'm being realistic and it's not a cop out Confusedhock:
Decided to go with another sw1500 in the grey and green scheme. I hope to have the decals applied tomorrow.
[Image: 20180301_213645_zpsuefehlup.jpg]
2 Brooklyn & Greenville SW1500s ready for sound and weathering. KV Models came out with etched open cab windows for sw1500s, I gave them a try and think they're a great detail. B&G #3217 is actually my daughters birthday and it also got her name on the hood. Hopefully soon I can make a home depot run for lumber.
[Image: 20180309_173132_zps8ktofirv.jpg]
[Image: 20180309_173428_zpsprtbu1br.jpg]
[Image: 20180309_173750_zpse9pbt1sa.jpg]
Excellent! They are really beautiful.
Reinhard
One year old daughter? Catching up on sleep yet? Icon_lol

The funny thing about your paint scheme is that it seems to tie the white logo and gold lettering together better with the green over the dark blue.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Thank you Reinhard.
Yes Mike, she just turned 1. No sleep and no time for model trains 357
I think the green looks better also, the black stripe and the blue is too dark.
My wife just looked over my shoulder and said "Beautiful engines."
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:My wife just looked over my shoulder and said "Beautiful engines."
Tell your wife I said thank you!

Who ever is in charge of purchasing will soon be fired, brand new maintainence vehicle but no right of way!
[Image: 20180311_115430_zpsj2h7po4j.jpg]
Damn! Flat wheels and no track put a damper on operations. That and no freight cars. Icon_lol

I would have never known about the Grand River Railway if it wasn't for this thread,
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

What's funny is I watched a bunch a videos of the Grand River Ry on YouTube about a year ago but they were leasing a csx gp38 and had some sort of chop nose GP9 (?) or something similar. It wasn't until I saw their sw1200s and tried to find more pictures and videos that they were already on my radar 357
It is an ingenious paint scheme, but yours is just as, if not more than, a great scheme. It could also be used on ALCOs and road switchers as well.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Thanks Mike, I wanted to do an Alco S series switcher but I don't know if I'd need 3 engines..but we'll see.
Does your Brooklyn and Greenville have any rolling stock and if so would you be interested in doing a decal swap? I have my Shore River decals in white and black sets.

Bruce