Ezdays' 2020 a bit over one sqare foot challenge
OK, I have the three new structures finished, but the apartment building gave me a run for my money. I left the roof off so I could put in sheets of window dressing that I made on my computer. I backed the sheets with black paper and cut out where I wanted light to shine through. No biggie, but when I finished the Gambrel roof, the two sloping pieces were too big. Why? Well Model Power used a plastic tree from another model and they just didn't fit, and was a bear to trim after they were glued in place, just glad they weren't too small..

The second issue I had with this is when I submitted the plans for adding the fire escape, the Town Building Commission rejected the plans (see photo), because there was no way to get from one floor to the other (who's dumb idea what that at Model Power?). Fortunately, after a bit of research, they said that the building is grandfathered in. Apparently, 140 years ago their code only mentioned fire exit doors, no ladders or stairs. So we're good to go the way it is. The only thing is, you'd have to jump from the fourth floor (about three inches) in case of fire Eek .... (hmm, who's dumb ideal is that?). Icon_rolleyes

Anyhow, I'm starting to blend the foam board into the existing landscape (see last photo), so I've been busy, just wasted a lot of time on the apartment house.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ezdays' 2020 one foot challenge - by ngauger - 02-26-2020, 08:02 PM
RE: Ezdays' 2020 a bit over one sqare foot challenge - by ezdays - 04-02-2020, 06:10 PM