The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Tom:
That's some great progress you all are making.

Saying it's hot is an understatement!   Eek Eek

Prayers for all that need them... Hope you all feel better Fast!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Greetings, gang.

Another sunny, hot day underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 73 now headed for 95. Yesterday turned out to be not too bad. The humidity was a comfortable level and with the breeze it was pretty nice.

Not much going on around here. Gas dropped another 3 cents to $3.95.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning good people, seems like the whole world is hot right now. You guys back east are looking at temps more fitting for us here in Arizona, but then we've got 112 today and 115 tomorrow in our forecast. Next week though we've got relief, 100 degrees, give or take, plus a good chance of rain. I'm thinking of picking one day to possibly go shooting, real early for sure. Get there about the time the sun comes up and it could work.

No change in gas prices here, there's just one station on the east side off the 51 freeway selling for $3.99, another a few miles north of that is at $5.05, just doesn't figure but I'll bet there are lines blocks long at that one station. Speaking of crazy, one columnist wants the government to stop the decline in gas prices in order to save the planet. Doesn't make sense to those that have no other way to get to work or to the doctor's office and those that have to choose between food, medicine and gas.

I actually got some track laid yesterday, I could finish up today and possibly do some wiring as well. My big issue is that I have two tracks going between the old and new layout tables and I need to be able move them apart if I need to get underneath to get at the wiring. I had a plan in mind, but I don't know if I like it anymore. Might just opt for removable or movable sections of tracks to keep them aligned.

Take care everyone, and as Mikey say, hope everyone in need gets better fast. Stay safe whatever you do today.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning folks

It is 90 currently going up to 95. It was 76 at 5:30 AM when I got up. I can't remember a low temperature being so high in these parts.

Today is an easy day on the construction site. Tomorrow we have another concrete pour. This one half as much as the one yesterday. Last evening the hardest things I did were run to the pharmacy and water the front yard gardens. The rest of the time was spent enjoying the air conditioning. Hopefully tonight's recovery from the heat won't be as intense. May be I can tune up a couple of pieces of rolling stock.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello Blue
Sun and 90s today.
Had a new top loading washer delivered yesterday. Newfangled electronic thing. Sounds totally different than the ones we are used too.
Went shopping for eggs this morning, nope, I'm not paying $3 a doz for them. I'll try Walmart next week.
Need some things from their drug department anyway.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
(07-21-2022, 11:17 AM)sir james Wrote: Hello Blue
Sun and 90s today.
Had a new top loading washer delivered yesterday. Newfangled electronic thing. Sounds totally different than the ones we are used too.
Went shopping for eggs this morning, nope, I'm not paying $3 a doz for them. I'll try Walmart next week.
Need some things from their drug department anyway.
S.J.

Uh, SJ, eggs at the Walmart near me were well over $4.00 a dozen for extra large and around $4.00 for large. I've got about two dozen that I'm holding on to as an investment, maybe hold an auction... Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good evening
        I had another good day today. I got the right front fender off of the motor home and the left one is ready except for one PIA hidden bolt and a headless phillips screw.
I had to find used fenders because new ones are no longer available. I was lucky and found fenders and doors locally from a guy tearing a motoer home apartr and the parts were only $59 each and no rust. I sprayed the newer fenders inside with cavity wax.     If they last 41 years I will be in great shape. I had to call it quits because there was a wasp nest under the fender and one sting was enough.     I bought a Ryobi 1/2 in drive battery operated impact and I was able to use it on every bolt save one on each side which made removal a breeze.  
I was tickled to see how good a shape the inner panels were. I will use Coroseal on the rusty areas nd of course I will paint everything.         

Gas prices here are still over 4 dollars at 4.09 but diesel that transport our goods and food is at 5.99, almost $2 difference for a product that takes less to refine. 

Good day tomorrow.
Charlie
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 68 going to sunny and 92 after possible a light shower. Radar shows it heading this way but it could easily dissipate before it gets here.

It's been pretty quiet this week. The after effects of the antibiotic have kept me off the bike and out of the gym. I'm hoping by next week it will have worn off and I can return to my regularly scheduled days of doing not much of anything.

Gas dropped yet again. Down to $3.92 last night.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good Friday morning to ya all. Charlie, looks like you got your hands full there, good that you got the parts you need.

Today 112 and going down starting tomorrow. I see a few below 100° days in the forecast and good chances of rain for the next two weeks. We've decided to go shooting next week, but that could change with the rain.

No change in gas prices here, most are $4.85 while some on the east side are much closer to $4.00.

Did get some more track laid, lots of ideas for where I need to split the two tables, but nothing that I'm happy with. Nope I may be overthinking the problem. Waiting 

Everyone have a good weekend, no holidays, we all missed National Hot Dog Day though, a big deal somewhere, just not at my house.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning Blue
77 now going to 90, as I've said many times, that is hot for us.
Don, Walmart next week, I will post the price of eggs when we get home. They WERE $2.49 at a local veggie market but of course they were out of them.
S.J.
(07-22-2022, 07:32 AM)sir james Wrote: Morning Blue
77 now going to 90, as I've said many times, that is hot for us.
Don, Walmart next week, I will post the price of eggs when we get home. They WERE $2.49 at a local veggie market but of course they were out of them.
S.J.
There's this old joke:
  • Customer: "how much are your eggs?
  • Proprietor: "$4.00 a dozen for large.
  • Customer: "Bill's Market sells them for $2.49 a dozen"
  • Proprietor: "Then go buy them there"
  • Customer: "Can't, they're out of stock"
  • Proprietor: "Well, ours are only a $1.00 a dozen when we're out of stock"
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
They usually have them.
(07-22-2022, 11:08 AM)sir james Wrote: They usually have them.

Sometimes prices are better at independent stores, I just remember this joke from a comic strip, could have been about chickens or pickles, can't remember, but I thought it was funny.

Really don't know the problem with eggs, even at the higher price, Walmart is pretty low on stock here, got to be the supply and demand thing. About a year ago, they had a fire at Hickman's farm here in Arizona and lost 165,000 egg-laying hens, but the high prices and shortages didn't start until a few months ago. I thought it was local, but apparently not....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I remember that bit Don, that means we are both old.
Today is 22/7 Happy Pi Approximation Day.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.