The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
After a bit of MIUAIGA, I went to submitting the Income Tax. Canadian deadline is end of month. My accounts at CRA are inaccessible as they changed everybody's access last year. But I found that i can still e-file but without some features.
I'll try to get my access back after the big rush finishes. Oh yeah, last year the tax dept was on strike at deadline time.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Happy 4/20 Day, gang.

Rather cool this morning at 33 degrees. Only supposed to get to 50 today but at least we don't have the 35+ mph winds like yesterday.

Very quiet day yesterday. Too lazy to even go to the gym. This morning I'll be taking my parka and mittens to watch soccer for the great-grandkids. Gonna be downright chilly out there. Laundry is already underway. It's been a running gag with my granddaughter's grandmother. Every Saturday she asks if my laundry is done. She missed the last couple of weekends due to a cold so I would send the update home with her husband. Fun times. Tomorrow is a road trip to Ames for a couple of baseball games for one of the great-grandsons. Best part about that is they have one of the better concession stands.

Gas was up to $3.35 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good Saturday morning...yawn-n-n-n... nothing on the agenda for today except do a bit on my wooden trolley car. Temps in the high 90's for a few more days, maybe we'll hit 100, but they'll drop to the low 80's later next week for a few days. Can't complain about that.

Costco/Sam's down to $3.99 while other stations around $4.35. Just glanced over in California on the Gas Buddy map and see where there are stations there selling regular from just under $5.00 to $5.75, another reason to be grateful for not living there anymore...

Tom, I looked around all the stores here and could not find one that had parkas and mittens. All I could find was T-shirts, shorts and bikinis. Icon_lol

I hope everyone has a great and fun weekend.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
4/20
Hello Blue
Cloudy and 50s for the day in lower Michigan.
No special news, just checking in. Nothing from the York gang.
I was out yesterday, gas was up a dime to $3.59.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
There was a little bit of snow when we went out this morning -- not enough to accumulate.
Gas here bounced up about 15 cents a litre this week. Something about changing to summer gas.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Greetings, gang.

32 going to maybe 60 under clear skies.

Went to soccer games yesterday and froze my butt off. 38 degrees with 25 mph winds. The things we do for family. This morning I'm headed to Ames for baseball. Hope the kids can play well in their parkas.

David - they tell us that every year also but it never goes back down in the fall.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning ta ya all,

64 going on 97, got in my vehicle yesterday and was reminded of what life will be like in a few weeks, so hot I had a hard time holding the steering wheel. I need to remember to pre-start it in order to cool it down before I get in.

Tom, now I understand those parkas and mittens.

Wow, Costco and Sam's dropped gas a dime to $3.89, a few others are still at $4.03, most at $4.35. We can expect a hike when they change to the "summer blend" (10% ethanol).

It's Sunday, church then breakfast at Brenda's Kitchen. Yup, the woman, Joanne, that bought it from Brenda is back and so is the name. The two times that someone has bought it from her had not paid her as agreed and so she's had to take it back. Someone told me that she claimed she was now, "Brenda".... I know Brenda, and she has to come a long way just to get to Brenda's shoe height... Anyway, I go there because it's close and I know some of the patrons and waitresses, plus the prices are reasonable.

Be good, stay warm and enjoy the day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
56 and breezy in Memphis. Got the grass mostly cut (putting off weed eater Smile )
Tomorrow we're heading to Williams AZ via Las Vegas. Then to the Grand Canyon on Tuesday.
Not too close to Don's neck of the woods but I'll wave as we fly over... Really looking forward to it!
Cid
(04-21-2024, 12:49 PM)cid Wrote: 56 and breezy in Memphis. Got the grass mostly cut (putting off weed eater Smile )
Tomorrow we're heading to Williams AZ via Las Vegas. Then to the Grand Canyon on Tuesday.
Not too close to Don's neck of the woods but I'll wave as we fly over... Really looking forward to it!

Both Jim and I are due south of the Canyon, (Jim is a bit more west), so just ask the pilot to toot his horn when he comes close. Icon_rolleyes Enjoy the trip, the train ride is OK, but it's all about the destination. Icon_cool
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
cid: We stayed in Williams (quite a few years ago) in our motorhome, then took the train.
There is a lot to see in Williams itself, if you have some time.
Don't be too disappointed in the canyon; most of it has been washed away.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Good morning and welcome to a new work-week. For us retirees, just another day in paradise.

We did hit 100 yesterday, I had to turn on the bedroom fan before I could go to sleep, no A/C though, way too early.

Not much change in gas prices, a few stations are down a couple of pennies, but still over $4.00.

Yup, after a few million years of washing away the rock, all that's left of the Grand Canyon is this deep hole. Breath taking is the best way to describe it. We did go there a few times, we drove up and even camped there with the kids and took the train a few times when the kids left the nest. Another nice Arizona train ride is the Verde Canyon Railroad in Cottonwood. I know, some of you guys have been on that ride, it's not the Grand Canyon, but it's got it's own beauty.  This one is not the destination, but the journey.

Have a great week everyone, stay safe, but have a great time doing what it is you will be doing...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is 50 with an expected high of 61. We had frost on the cars this morning and the NWS is calling for a Frost Advisory for tomorrow morning.

With regards to my blood pressure issue that prevented my hernia surgery on Thursday and after monitoring my blood pressure over the weekend my cardiologist is adding a new medication for me in addition to the ones I already take. Hopefully this will work and I can get the surgery done soon.

Since I stayed home from work on Friday, I got the car inspected which turned out to be rather painless. I thought I would need brakes and tires, but both passed. The only thing I needed was a nail removed from one tire, an oil change, and a couple of filters. Over the weekend we made errands to the pharmacy, PetSmart, and the grocery store several times. With help from the kids we got a few loads of laundry done. On Sunday we celebrated my son’s birthday.

I ran trains. After finishing running the 54-car coal drag with my new Reading Trainmaster and putting away the cars I ran the other Trainmaster with a passenger train. I repaired a hopper that hit the floor when I was putting it away. Luckily it was only a coupler that was broken. I added screws to the couple clips, added Kadee couples, and added metal wheels to a Bev-Bel/Athearn blue box passenger coach.

Today will be another day of keeping an eye on my blood pressure and being careful not to do anything too strenuous. I hope to work on tuning up the passenger cars I ran with the Trainmaster locomotive. I would like to run some more trains as I need to test the bridges from the other direction.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Sometimes just going to a doctor or waiting for a procedure will spike one's blood pressure. Good luck getting your surgery Tom.

Tried to go to breakfast this morning, cop cars and yellow tape all over the neighborhood. They let me out by moving a car and cutting some tape, but getting back in wasn't fun either. Apparently a shooting a few doors down from my house. That house has more that enough people living there and the use their yard, driveway and the street around the corner as their private parking lot with at least a dozen vehicles including three or four work trucks so some conflict doesn't surprise me at all.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

51 outside my window this morning with a predicted high in the mid 60s with 30 mph wind. Better than yesterday's 40+ mph wind.

Grocery shopping in the morning and a trip to the gym at lunch time. Only thing planned for today is a movie this afternoon entitled "The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare" based on the actions of the first special forces group created by England in WWII. Billed as an action/comedy film.

Gas was $3.19 yesterday but when I filled up my credit card gave me points worth 50 cents a gallon. Saved me about $5.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning friends, the given temp right now at 5:15 is 69, heading to the mid-90's. A delightful day for sure.

I was wrong about the police presence in our neighborhood, a homeowner in the street behind me shot an intruder and we're guessing the tape around the house down the street is possibly where they caught a second intruder on the run.  Anyway, we're disturbed by what went on, but we don't think it was a random break-in.

That's all the excitement we have, today is going to be devoid of "have to's" and we'll do what we feel like doing. I suspect that will be working on my wooden trolley car a bit.

I hope you all have an enjoyable and fruitful day... Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and