The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 37 and misty. High will be 44.

I did not get here yesterday. It was one of those days. Every time I thought I would sit down at the computer something came up. I had to help my son take toy and food donations to the location they are using as a hub. Along with 3 other young adults, aka under 22, he formed an activist group after the George Floyd incident. They did some peaceful protesting and got in the news a few times. I am impressed by their accomplishments. They got the township council to include the purchase of body cams for the police. The cams were approved about 10 years ago, but the previous administration never bought them or put the item in the budget. They did several community clean ups particularly when the entire Sanitation Department was quarantined due to a COVID outbreak in their ranks. Now the township has a Community Clean Up group that goes around with volunteers and cleans up areas. They helped with a Trunk and Treat which was an alternative to Trick of Treat. Now they are doing a toy, coat, clothing, and food drive for Christmas. They even got the local Rotary Club to help them out. Because of their efforts some 80 or 90 families will have gifts for their children, warm coats, and some food.

My wife ordered chairs to replace a couple we have in the living room. The old chairs were never good. They were always wobbly and had issues with their legs staying tight. Of course, I had to assemble the new chairs yesterday. The instructions sucked. I built the first chair twice. Once according to the instructions and the second time the correct way.

This has been a tough week. I send my condolences and prayers to Tom and his family. A friend of mine from Boy Scouts lost his 90-year-old father. My oldest friend who I have known since kindergarten (We attended school together from K to bachelor’s degrees) lost his wife to cancer last weekend.

Amazingly I was able to weather the six Bowser NYO&W hoppers. I need to put the wheels back in their trucks and seal them. If the weather clears, I should be able to do so. I have to spray them outside, but I immediately move them into a warm place to dry.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 12-22-2020, 08:37 AM