The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 21 outside my window in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Predicted high is supposed to be 27 with 3-5 inches of snow. Radar shows the snow approaching but will probably not get here until late morning.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I went back to bed and managed to sleep for another two hours. After that I went to the gym and then started my phone calls. Everyone I talked to today was very nice and cooperative. Also got a call from the University of Iowa Hospital wanting to schedule some appointments for my son. She seemed very surprised when I told her he was gone but said she would spread the word through the system.

The snow is almost here. Only thing I don't like about the storm is that the temperature is warming up which will make for a wet heavy snow making it harder to move. This morning I'll go to the gym and also need to call about my son's medical insurance. I found a paper showing he owes more that $22,000. I talked to his HR manager last week and she said that's typical of the insurance company - deny everything. She gave me the name and number of a person to call to get it resolved. If I get that done this morning I may go see the new Wonder Woman movie this afternoon. Yeah, still a comic book fan after all these years.

Found a video that gives a different side of the ammo shortage. I found it very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgvoJKovIg

Charlie - saw your video on the book of faces. Very cool! How many cars were in that train?

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 12-29-2020, 08:36 AM