The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good evening folks

It is 39 now and dark and deary. Basically, it is a crappy day. I think the appropriate end to this crappy year.

I had to fight with my dental and vision insurance payment website yesterday. I could not to get to load. Finally, about 2 AM it loaded, and I was able to pay my premium. My retirement benefits cover my health plan and prescription plan. I have to purchase dental and vision, but I get a discount through the Pennsylvania Association of Retired State Employees. The plans are actually better than what I had as an employee.

I had an up and down night with my knee again. I would fall asleep and then wake up a half hour later. That was why I was up at 2 AM to check on the payment website. I finally fell into a deep sleep around 6 AM. The wife let me sleep until noon thankfully. I think because she slept late. I believe my tossing and turning may have kept her up too.

I weathered three cabooses. I sealed 6 Athearn LNE hoppers in preparation for weathering.

As the pile on the workbench goes down, soon I will concentrate on the layout redo. To that end I am going to make the jump to DCC. Since I know next to nothing about DCC I posted a beginner’s question thread.

Speaking of packages, I have them stuck in Cincinnati for 13 days, arrive in Philly yesterday. I had one stuck in Albany for 18 days and arrived in Philly 5 days ago. I have two other packages that have been in Philly between 3 and 7 days. The best one is the one from Connecticut. It went to the local post office for a week, then to an unknow place in Connecticut for a few days. After that it went to Bellmawr, NJ for 3 days. Then it was transferred to Jacksonville, FL where it has been sitting for the last 8 days. All of these packages are two to four weeks overdue.

Have to get ready for our usual family New Year’s Eve celebration. Our guest list for the last twenty plus years has not changed. It is the kids, my wife, and myself.

Happy New Year.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 12-31-2020, 05:08 PM