The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon everyone. 
         I finally got a good day to burn scrap wood yesterday and that was an all day job. I could not have had a better day, ground completely saturated and everything wet so a chance of a fire spreading was zero. It wasn't even too cold so I spent 6 hours just kind of enjoying a fire.  I didn't even cook a hot dog  Icon_mad but I am glad that job is done. 

My cousin came out and brought some more goodies to scan. He had come up with some stuff for a mine operation that ended in 1917.  They mined the coal on one side of a creek and there was a mine railroad 2 or 3 hundred feet to a structure where the coal was transported by a cable trolley across the valley where it was loaded on railcars and taken to the power plant that served the interurban in our area. There was another opening on the other side of the mine that shipped coal too, probably to heat all the homes in the area. We have pictures of our great aunt on the tipple after it was taken out of service. 

USPS delivered a new Baldwin RS 12 that I got a good deal on Ebay so I will have to put a decoder in it and get it painted and ready to run at some period. 

It's another dreary day here and just damp and miserable so it is a good day to scan pictures.

Cheers to all
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 01-06-2021, 03:04 PM