The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 34 with a high of 42.

Spent much of yesterday watching the news. When I had enough, I wandered down to the basement. I moved 5 Proto 1000 coal hoppers to the workbench to be weathered. I had sealed them the other night. I sealed two RF&P Atlas Trainman covered grain hoppers and a Athearn RTR Reading Heavy Duty Flat Car. They will be next to be weathered. After them I have four Intermountain covered grain hoppers, two Red Caboose tank cars, two Bowser PRR stock cars, and four Bachmann Poultry shipping cars to weather. This will finish all the RTR cars in the original Wall of Trains on the workbench. There are a few newly added cars that I purchased recently and will weather at a later time.

I also worked on a newly acquired loco. It is an older Atlas GP-38 done in Penn Central. I picked it up cheaply with the intention of removing the PC lettering and redoing it as a PRSL loco once I get some PRSL logos. The PRSL GP-38’s only had a logo and a number on each side and were black. They also had a logo on the front. The “new” loco did not want to run at first but after some prodding it ran. I did a wheel cleaning and afterward it ran well. I think I will still need to give it a good cleaning and lube.

I ran some trains. I ran a twenty-car coal drag pulled by my newer Proto 2000 LNE FA1 ad FB1. If all goes well, I will make a video and take some stills.

My packages are getting closer. There is one out for delivery that was shipped December 20th. I have four in Philadelphia, one in Champaign, IL and another in Bismarck, ND.

I have a few chores to do around the house today such as some laundry. Not sure if I have to make a run anywhere today.

The shop lights are supposed to arrive today.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 01-07-2021, 08:52 AM