The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. A beautiful day yesterday in spite of the wind. Shirtsleeve weather from late morning through early evening. It's "as advertised" for sure.

Productive day yesterday, had to deal with some changes at the bank. The bank lobby is closed and all business is conducted in the drive-thru, which sometimes can be a pain if someone has a complex transaction and holds up the line.  Also, my son says, "welcome to the 21st century", I got some smart switches as a Christmas present and bought some smart outlets. We installed a few of them and now I can tell Alexa "good morning" and some lights come on, "I'm going to bed", and they go out. I can turn on power to my layout from any room in the house or actually anywhere in the world with my cell phone. Got a few more to install, need to add a smart lock to the front door and a smart controller for the garage door. I've got that "did I unplug the iron" syndrome, but with locking doors, especially the garage. The last house we had, I would close the garage door and come back to find it open. A faulty sensor would cause it to reverse while I was driving away. Now, old age makes me forget if I did or didn't do something, a check on my cell phone will let me know for sure. Applause 

Still working on the sporting goods store, I have a solution for the roof using material that I already have. I'll post something in my build thread later today.

Take care and have a great day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-10-2021, 07:38 AM