The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(01-08-2021, 11:00 AM)tompm Wrote: I placed a reservation for Rapido’s AMTRAK’s 50th Anniversary E8A. It is a model of the first locomotive painted for AMTRAK. It is black with the AMTRAK arrow. Unusual but cool. It of course comes with all the bells and whistles. Rapido originally announced they were going to make only 500 and those sold out in less than 48 hours. AMTRAK complained that many of their retirees and employees who wanted them could not get them. Rapido changed their mind and is taking orders until January 15th.

I had literally only been conscious for maybe 15 minutes when i saw that Rapido Email Christmas morning.  I was suspicious it wouldn't last long.  I think I had my order placed before it had been available 30 minutes.

I am glad though that Amtrak convinced them to make more.  

I guess I get it if you're trying to make something special and exclusive, but I feel like Model Railroading is not really the best hobby for that,  at least not something like a high-end locomotive.   With everything being preorder based you almost have to be playing 4D chess with the manufacturers and the Chinese factories making the models to anticipate when they might land.

Tangent is my worst nightmare with that stuff.  They released those 86' boxcars and they more or less sold out immediately.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Green_Elite_Cab - 01-13-2021, 08:14 AM