The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a brisk 32 going up to 43.

Carried most of the Christmas decoration bins up to the attic and organized them. Still have a couple to go that have to wait for some other items to be brought up before they can go in place. We gave the dog a quick bath yesterday. We need to find a groomer that will take a blind dog. So far we have been unsuccessful.

I weathered the two RF&P Atlas Trainman grain hoppers and the Reading Athearn Heavy Duty Flat Car. I did a test of the Krylon Flat Sealer on the Proto 2000 CNJ caboose and a couple of Accurail cars I got off eBay for a few bucks. It seemed to work fine. I will try it on the Proto 1000 100-ton hoppers I weathered the other day. Next up for weathering is the Intermountain grain hoppers.

I got an email from my online dealer about the PRR DD-1 I reserved. I was excited as I knew the locos had arrived at the manufacturers from the factory. I am thinking this is the invoice for it. I opened the email and found a copy of a letter the owner sent to the dealers. There were fingerprints and other marks in the paint on the bodies. The bodies have to be remade. I have been waiting for this loco for three and a half years. Now looks like at least another six months.

I am supposed to have a package delivered today. That leaves two packages still out there from December. Both are in Philadelphia. I ordered a couple of more things in the last week so we will see how long they take.

I found a source for some Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines decals. They are for RDC’s, Cabooses, and Passenger Cars. I think they should work on the undecorated Athearn blue box GP-38-2 I have. I am looking to get a second one soon. PRSL had GP-38’s without dynamic brakes so I need to find non-dynamic brake hoods to replace the hoods on the loco I have. I need to investigate what the difference in appearance between a GP-38 and a GP-38-2 is and whether or not I need to make any adjustments.

I have to run off to the grocery store in a few minutes.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 01-13-2021, 08:35 AM