The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, temps are kinda changing, lows in the 40's, highs in the 60's, possibly low 70's with an appreciable chance of rain starting tomorrow. That's a good thing since my truck still has a lot of desert dust on it from target shooting last week.

Am running out of scratch-building material so I decided to take a trip to the LHS. Well, if you can say just under 20 miles is local, that's how far away the closest shop, "The Hobby Bench" is. It's been years since I've been there and as expected, lots of folks all huddled around the R/C counter. Shelf after shelf full of R/C cars and planes, and oh yeah, there's a couple with train stuff. One for O, one for HO, and about three feet for N scale. The few kits and tracks they had were overpriced, higher than list, and things were spread out, even for HO just to fill the space. They did have lots of Woodland Scenic, but they used to carry a full line of Evergreen material, which is why I went there in the first place, but that space was taken up with decals and add-ons for R/C stuff now. I was going to go to the next shop, "Hobby Depot", but that's 50 miles away in Tempe, so I'll save that trip when I can pack a lunch to take with me. I think I'll call first, better yet, I just think I'll go to Walther's and order what I need.

We lost another great modeler and friend to us all, Pete (sumpter250) had been battling dementia for the past few years, but passed away yesterday from Covid-19. He is being remembered here and all his threads have been moved to here as well.

Take care, stay safe and have a great week....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-18-2021, 06:33 AM