The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, suppose to rain starting today. Just looked outside, nothing so far, but then it's not even 5:00AM yet.  Talked to Woodone, we just might head to Hobby Depot together since I have no clue what to tell him to pick up for me. I'd like to pick up a few kits, mostly for the parts. In the meantime, got to finish working on repaving a few streets and parking lots.

Kind of weird in a way, yelling out commands to Alexa and lights turn on or off. I can even say, "Alexa, turn on trains" and my layout power comes on. I'm looking for a smart controller for the garage door, some that work with Alexa won't work with my opener, some that work with my opener, won't work with Alexa. Got to be careful when shopping, some require a paid subscription service to work at all, some need an "adapter", others, a "hub" to work. Same goes for smart door locks, I found one I liked on Amazon for a reasonable price. "Works with Alexa" says the listing, but if you look further, it requires a "gateway" for another $40 to do just that. Almost like bait and switch. All this because my son thought I needed to get into the 21st century, new smart phone, new smart everything. Waiting 

Take care, have a great day.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-19-2021, 06:11 AM