The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, managed to make up for just a bit of my lost sleep, but not a whole lot. It did rain a bit early yesterday and just about every forecaster says more on the way.

Talking about losing hobby shops, how about all the other brick & mortar stores, small mom & pop to giants like Montgomery Ward and Levitz Furniture are gone, Trying to find a Sears, Macy's or JC Penny is tough anymore, finding one that is fully stocked is even harder, all replaced by computers and delivery trucks. I remember a friend of mine had a business in a large shopping center, and around 2008 when the economy was in the dump, he and others begged the owners to ease up on the rent for a while. They did not, he had to move, other small stores just closed. Home Depot and Walmart are still there because they can adapt. I wonder if we could get either of them to get into the hobby business? Waiting Too slow paced for them to even think about it.

Going to place my Walther's order today before prices go up or they sell out of what I want. One thing that's fairly unique in our hobby is the "advance ordering". Manufactures know what will sell and how many to make. How they get by with doing that in a "must have now" society, is beyond my comprehension.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-22-2021, 06:46 AM