The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning. 
It's 14 here and not much movement in the temp predicted. Snow coming Tuesday slushiy and wet but no mention of how much. We have no where to go so it won't be a problem as long as we have clear roads for early Wednesday morning because the new furkid is going to the vets for the neuter. 

Still working on those old photos of steam locomotives and I will share them when I get them cleaned up and labeled. There is some nifty stuff there. 

I have a wifi extender that I use when I am on the porch. I get a kick out of it because one of the selling points comcast used was the availability of wifi everywhere. The modem has a second section of wifi that can be turned on for public access that is isolated from the home network. You can turn it off but I liked the idea, and on paper it sounds good, drive somewhere and sitting trackside find a network and it is automatic. One time in 5 years did I find a network that worked. My modem broadcasts about 75 feet max and that is without walls. The ATT modems have a longer range but they don't have the speed I get with Comcast, however, it is about time for cable to raise my rate again and when they do I call them and tell them I am going to go with AT&T and they bring the rate back down if I resign for another 2 years.  It is nice to have that option but I pay too much for internet because I don't get TV or Phone. We get 1.3 tb per month which is plenty, we have never gone over 500gb even with all the streaming shows and I watch different shows than my wife at the same time. 

More scanning today. My daughter is coming down. We are working on some of my mothers albums. My daughter removes the pictures and places them then while she changes the pictures I try to lable the ones just scanned so we know who is who. I don't know all of my mothers friends and most of them have passed too, but I try to identify them and post their picture to find a grave. 

Have a good day all.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 01-24-2021, 08:37 AM