The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks,

It is 32 at the moment. High is supposed to be 37. We are still under a winter weather advisory until 1 PM. They were calling for freezing rain, snow, and rain. My wife’s school district called for a two-hour delay in anticipation of slippery roads this morning. We got our firs drops of rain about a half hour ago. Another great call by the weather misforecasters.

The wife and I went to the cemetery to see about getting a Veterans’ medallion added to her father’s grave marker. Once the lady at the office realized we wanted the medallion and not the full-size VA provided marker, which the cemetery would charge $842 to install in a marble base she wanted nothing to do with us. She told my wife since my father-in-law did not buy the marker through them; they wouldn’t even put his death date on the marker. She said we had to contact the company he bought the marker from. She was very unprofessional. First time I have been at a cemetery office or funeral home where the person you are meeting did not walk you to the door on your way out. I don’t even remember her saying “good-bye,” or “have a nice day.”

We hate this cemetery. It is not well maintained. We have had problems in the past with her parents and grandparents’ graves. They broke the marker on her grandparents’ grave and lost the vases that go with the grave markers. People walk their dogs in the cemetery and let them do their business on or near the graves. We witnessed this several times yesterday. Luckily my wife’s parents’ and grandparents’ graves are not near the road.

One very chilling thing we saw as we drove through the cemetery. There were twelve fresh graves and four marked for opening. I have never seen so many at one time in any cemetery.

Sorry for the rant.

I did run some trains last evening. I am hoping to get to Home Depot tonight to get the lumber I need and perhaps the foam board.

I have to make a run to the produce store and the grocery shortly.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 01-26-2021, 10:31 AM