The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Saturday Morning.

I had a new experience yesterday. I paid someone to do my taxes. 77 years old and I always did them myself but this year I wanted to be sure I was right. I haven't had to file for the last 9 years , but I sold some stock that I had held for 20 years. I did the quick form to see if I had to file and the answer was yes, but I still didn't owe any federal tax. The state took a cut but I can't complain.
      Gas prices here are jumping too, and I will be surprised if we don't see 4 and 5 dollar a gallon once again. I only drive a total of 2500 miles a year on both vehicles now nd the car get 30 MPG so it won't be a hardship for me, but still is sad for the economy. 
       We went to Aldi on the way back from the tax office and I was really disappointed. Aldi always had reasonable prices and good merchandise but now I don't see that there.   The produce was terrible looking and the prices were higher than the local supermarket so we just got a few items and came home. I am hoping it is caused by the trucks having problems making deliveries, but we have seen a decline of store selection over the past couple years. They now sell more in the clothing and hardware line than they do food, an now they offer a selection of craft brews and wines, and that just adds to overhead as far as i am concerned. 
       Nothing doing out side today, I have been waiting for UPS to deliver a new printer, but they have a problem with bad weather between their depot and my house (12 miles) and haven't been able to make it for 4 days now. I have no complaints about our post office because they seem to be caught up and have been delivering right to my door.
        Tom, it seems like everything is working out for you. I can't imagine how hard this is and I pray you will be guided by a strong hand. 
 Hoping for good weather for all of us in the very near future. 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 02-20-2021, 08:45 AM