The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is a bright and sunny 29 heading all the way up to 31. No snow in the forecast until Monday.

Some craziness going on with my wife’s school district. It appears they want to be the first district in the county to be back 100% and are going hellbent on doing so despite the fact that community infection rates in their district are one of the highest in the county. The middle school where my wife works averages at least 2 staff or students a week getting a positive result. Thus far they are saying the infections are coming from outside the school. However, for some reason the Health Department has taken over doing the contact tracing from the school district.

My wife has several health issues that could be a huge and potentially deadly problem if she gets COVID. This is her check in month with most of her doctors. She has spoken to her allergist who said she could go back in person if certain conditions are met but he truly thinks it is safest for her to remain virtual until she gets the vaccine. She spoke to her endocrinologist yesterday and she said under no circumstances should she go in person until she gets the vaccine. She talks with her primary on Wednesday. She is forwarding the information to the school district as she receives it from the doctors. She is between a rock and a hard place at this point. One more point her student she works with is virtual. His parents do not want him in the school building, so my wife would go to the school building and work with him on the computer while he is still at home.

I had a productive day, or should I say destructive day as I removed all the foam from the second board. I was able to save the passenger station and Island Cement. The cupola on the station did come off but no other damage to any of the existing buildings/scenes. Next is cutting the framing and placing it in position.

Not sure what else is on tap for today. I do need to make a pharmacy run at some point this weekend.

Well, I am off to search for vaccine appointments. The endocrinologist recommended expanding the search to include most of the state. She has had other patients go out of the area to Lancaster County, the Poconos and beyond to get their shots. Apparently if you are going to a pharmacy you don’t have to stay in your county.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 02-20-2021, 02:23 PM