The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, just a bit cooler today, 79 yesterday, expect 72 today with maybe a 1% chance of rain.

I went to  Fry's electronics about two weeks ago and basically what I saw was a shock. It's a huge store, I've bought everything from electronic components and tools, to computers, printers and appliances there over the years. I remember it was normally hard to find a parking spot, and hard not to find what you went there for. There was always a long line at checkout with maybe six or eight registers open. Around the holidays, the line went clear to the back of the store even with 15 or so registers. Two weeks ago there were few cars in the parking lot, shelves were sparse and empty. I needed a new router, they had a couple. One person in the checkout ahead of me, one checkout stand open. Not a good sign, and today I see a note on their website that they are closing all stores, two here in Arizona, lots of them in California, 31 in total. Their stores were all unique in decor and their prices were usually very reasonable. They will be missed. Another Covid-19 casualty.

Making progress on my two current projects, wood is cut for my display case and putting the finishing touches on my N scale store. I'm much happier with these so far than the last ones that I built. We'll see....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 02-25-2021, 06:33 AM